Troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Troy Taylor

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Watching him closely today,he looked a little lost,as expected.However I think he would be the perfect foil in the pocket,when JR is out of position.He can mark,is quick,and has grunt.Hope he likes Subiaco.

Not our worst today by a long shot.

Tried his guts out and took some good grabs.

Another potentially good pick up from this draft, to add to Nason, Astbury, Martin and to a slightly lesser extent Roberts.

Griffiths kicked 3 today, lets hope he can make it into the side soon.

WOW....did next to sweet FA, but what he did do :eek:, hopefully he will forge out a career with us....definitely has the tools. :spin

Looks a likely type and like Astbury moves well.
I reckon he needs a few more games at Coburg then play him in a couple of AFL games and alternate his games that way to give him a taste of AFL but not much more until he can get another pre-season into him.

Showed enough to suggest we have a player here.

But agree with the idea it is very early days.

Troy has a long way to go to make himself a permanent AFL footballer, so let's all hope he develops his tremendous talent by applying himself dilligently.

Showed a bit. He will be a player for the future. He still has a way to go, but should be a good player. He kicked a nice goal and that very good mark and also put on some forward pressure. Look forward to see him play some games this season.

I'd stake half of a delicate part of my anatomy that, with a good lawyer, TT will play a BIG part in our future :eek:

frangalis4eva said:
at another club probably a 50/50 chance of being a good player. at richmond...doubtful

Way to be positive.........

If the development shown by some of the latest draftee's is any indication then we might just have turned the corner in this respect. The word is that DH is very good in the development area. Hopefully the potential of a lot of players at RFC will now be realised

BIGNIGE said:
Way to be positive.........

If the development shown by some of the latest draftee's is any indication then we might just have turned the corner in this respect. The word is that DH is very good in the development area. Hopefully the potential of a lot of players at RFC will now be realised

i know it sounded negative but its true. all of our draftees over the years have shown some potential in their first year. only to go backwards the longer they're there

frangalis4eva said:
i know it sounded negative but its true. all of our draftees over the years have shown some potential in their first year. only to go backwards the longer they're there

I understand what you are saying but I will reiterate the fact that we have a new development team. We also have a new coaching staff and a new administration all of which seem to be driven toward the development of the footy club in ALL facet, PLAYERS included (and probably the highest priority).

I find way too many people focus on the past and fail to see an outlook of what could be our most exciting period since the early seventies. Things change, not always for the better, but we must have faith that we are on the right track otherwise were in deep doodoo.

frangalis4eva said:
at another club probably a 50/50 chance of being a good player. at richmond...doubtful

he is a huge talent - you can see how clean he is with his marking and general skills.
He runs fast, jumps high - get him sorted out off the field and you have a major player

super_coach said:
he is a huge talent - you can see how clean he is with his marking and general skills.
He runs fast, jumps high - get him sorted out off the field and you have a major player

Agree, we are grasping for anything at the moment. His first game - looked a bit lost for mine, but that isn't unusual, look at Dea at the other end of the ground. Great experience, hope he is taken to WA this weekend and has a nice time of it, so it helps him think "I really want this over what the alternative is". Hope to see him again soon to see if he's settled into the structure better.

Maybe it was the TV broadcast I saw but I'm a bit surprised at the rave reviews Troy is getting. I didn't think he did that much to be honest.

Baloo said:
Maybe it was the TV broadcast I saw but I'm a bit surprised at the rave reviews Troy is getting. I didn't think he did that much to be honest.

You can just see he'll be a player that can make something out of nothing.

His first touch i think when he paddled the ball along and then swung onto his left, Pickering said 'watch this guy'. It got me a little excited.

He missed the goal though :'(

wayne said:
You can just see he'll be a player that can make something out of nothing.

His first touch i think when he paddled the ball along and then swung onto his left, Pickering said 'watch this guy'. It got me a little excited.

He missed the goal though :'(

Luck or instinct? I hope it was the latter, but really, any talk of this guy being something yet is premature.

Oo - ah Marty McGrath anyone?

Baloo said:

Tend to agree. His Coburg game was similar (and had similar reviews too).