Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Port's boss came out this morning basically saying Rory Atkins will be playing SANFL but will get a couple of games at AFL level during the year.

WTF?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Port have made one of the classic blunders. They threw Houston into the mix, thinking they would be able to restore their diminished draft hand by selling him to the highest bidder. After all, he was the best player available. Then Rioli and Bolton came on the market and the potential suitors were distracted. The only clubs with multiple first round picks were GC and Freo. When Collingwood and Carlton came calling, they should have walked him and held him to his contract, convinced him to stay one more year. But they didn’t!

They would have been better off taking pick 13 and 29 and stopping there. Still a good haul for their player but they kept going. Meanwhile, they had the hots for Lukosius and another first round pick disappeared. And they kept going.

Now they have lost Houston, picked up Lukosius and his ridiculous back-ended deal, along with Atkins and another ridiculous deal just so GC could afford Rioli.

Morons. I wonder who they will delist next week so they can fit in those two contracts?

Reactions: 1 user
They lost their F1, Noble and Richards and their 2nd rounder this year.
Basically they have no draft picks of note this year ( 3 picks in the 50s) and nothing until the 2nd round next year and got Houston.
Not sure it was such a great deal.
Especially when old arse Sidebottom, Pendles still prop up their success. Elliott is cooked and Brody is hardly a force.

But hey, at least they have a "star" running half back. Doesnt do much for defence but that run and carry is great.