Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Purely hypothetical, but:
Curious to know what compo would be for Liam Baker, if he was going to West Coast as a free agent?
Aren't they offering him a motza to go there?
As a top 5 B & F finisher, Vice captain you'd think he would command similar compensation as Battle?
Should this be starting point in trade negotiations? If Battle is pick 8, Pick 3 has to be on the table?

Reactions: 1 users
No doubt Giants will get band 1 for Perryman as well. These compensation picks have a big impact on us. There is now even more reason to demand 6 & 12 for for Rioli and 9 & 10 for Bolton. We must hold firm. 3 of those picks have already been pushed back at least one if the Battle comp is true.

We need to play massive hardball on the two wantaways.
THIS ☝️☝️☝️. No negotiating. It’s this or nothing

The whole system needs a massive overhaul. No father son, no compo, no academy picks.
Compo can either go, or at least be reduced. No one should be getting top 10 picks, and no club should be getting picks worth more than the player they are losing.
F/S and northern academy can stay- but again it needs an overhaul, even the new values coming in next year under value early picks. If the Lions want to draft Ashcroft after he is bid on at 1 or 2, they should have to pay a price that is something near pick 1 or 2. They should actually have to give up something (someone) of value to get the pick, not just throw all their picks in the air and magically get the 2nd best kid in the draft.

I’m against any compo, but it falls on deaf ears.
If they insist on keeping it, then the first round should be uncompromised.
I'm sure they'll change it when one of our better players leave as FA.

Thought the same thing. If true, that is just total incompetence. Any half decent organisation with any sort of scale has indexation, and any structural cost changes such as these, built-in to everything.
This is not the first year of it, brother. Nobody complained last year. Nobody’s complained so far this year.

If Somebody that I used to know and Baker had gone as free agents this year we might have got picks 2 and 3 for them. If Baker didn’t get to band 1 we could force a trade. Who’d complain then?

It looks like the ones who will complain are those who lose Nick Daicos and only get pick #17 in return. But that hasn’t happened yet. (Hopefully one day.)

Clubs won’t let players walk unless they get compensated. The AFL looks to have got this right. The market was wrong. Too tight. Not any more.

Reactions: 1 user
Purely hypothetical, but:
Curious to know what compo would be for Liam Baker, if he was going to West Coast as a free agent?
Aren't they offering him a motza to go there?
As a top 5 B & F finisher, Vice captain you'd think he would command similar compensation as Battle?
Should this be starting point in trade negotiations? If Battle is pick 8, Pick 3 has to be on the table?

Bakes has reportedly been offered $700K for 5 years.

Not close to Band 1. Likely Band 2 or maybe 3.

End of first round would be best we could get. Pick 20 ish.

Ergo we're still better off him not being a free agent.

With so many players nowadays leaving before their contract expires, FA means sh!t. Get rid of it and only compensate teams who have player(s) retiring or doing a knee pre-season.....isn't that the true meaning of the word itself? If you wanna leave, then a fair exchange is a trade.

Compo can either go, or at least be reduced. No one should be getting top 10 picks, and no club should be getting picks worth more than the player they are losing.
F/S and northern academy can stay- but again it needs an overhaul, even the new values coming in next year under value early picks. If the Lions want to draft Ashcroft after he is bid on at 1 or 2, they should have to pay a price that is something near pick 1 or 2. They should actually have to give up something (someone) of value to get the pick, not just throw all their picks in the air and magically get the 2nd best kid in the draft.
That's why they've finally modified the discount and value of late draft picks starting from next year. We'd have been one of the clubs desperately crying to the AFL for this years draft, because we'd been stock piling points especially for this years draft.

You would be pretty happy trading a Battle for pick 8 and a Perryman for pick 16. It's a great result for the Saints and GWS.

• Angry
Bakes has reportedly been offered $700K for 5 years.

Not close to Band 1. Likely Band 2 or maybe 3.

End of first round would be best we could get. Pick 20 ish.

Ergo we're still better off him not being a free agent.
I'd imagine we would have paid him that to stay.
My question was hypothetical, but I'd suggest Baker is a better player than Battle or Perryman.

*smile* loser clubs with their desperate need to do “something” in the trade period

Collingwood always yapping this time of year with their “destination club” *smile*

They have no picks so should STFU

Investigate em for cap breaches

WTF is Perryman gonna do for them anyway?

Reactions: 3 users
And St Kilda, boy oh boy. What a useless shitstain they are

Mid table for seemingly ever then lose a key pillar in his prime.

They’ll trade pick 8 to Geelong for some dud

And St Kilda, boy oh boy. What a useless shitstain they are

Mid table for seemingly ever then lose a key pillar in his prime.

They’ll trade pick 8 to Geelong for some dud
We can offer Cumbo, Dow and Young for pick 8.

• Haha
Poor Owies is all on his own.....no team wants him.
Read the article in the Hun on him saying his defensive efforts this season were poor but in '22 he was defensively very good. Not sure what happened in between.

Read the article in the Hun on him saying his defensive efforts this season were poor but in '22 he was defensively very good. Not sure what happened in between.
I reckon some team will get him in the PSD. Foldnorf might as well try as they're building a foreign legion.

That’s what is more pathetic ! Blame the Hawks ( & the AFL) for the ridiculous compo
Didn’t the hawks up Vickery’s deal to make sure we got a good compensation pick and then renegotiate his deal after the draft was done and dusted. Pick 8 for a half decent back an is indeed crazy.