Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Few threads kicking around with trade week stuff. Let's use this for non RFC info.

Battle reportedly getting Band 1 compo to St Kilda.

Currently Pick 8,

1728006830483.png

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Salaries have gone up massively over the past three years and keep going up. The TPP has risen 30% or more in that time.

Josh Battle's 900k now would translate to say 650k on our measures four years ago. The AFL doesn't appear to be factoring this inflation. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing.

The AFL has effectively raised the compensation for nearly all free agents. We can be confident that 650-700k didn't get Band 1 four years a go. When it was enough to secure Brandon Ellis. 900k did when it got Whatsisname.

Players are moving. Nobody's whingeing. So it looks like the AFL is right to raise the compensation for (most) free agents.

No doubt Giants will get band 1 for Perryman as well. These compensation picks have a big impact on us. There is now even more reason to demand 6 & 12 for for Rioli and 9 & 10 for Bolton. We must hold firm. 3 of those picks have already been pushed back at least one if the Battle comp is true.

We need to play massive hardball on the two wantaways.

Reactions: 8 users
The draft compensation for other club's FA acquisitions has been a disaster so far. The screw job on the RFC continues...

Reactions: 1 user
A top 10 compo pick for a good defender. Same as a star mid or forward. I know we say this every second year, and I know there is no easy solution, but what a joke.

The Western Australian had a story today saying that Graham is going to take the weekend to decide and give his decision early next week.
Yeah I saw it but he's also had months to decide. Hesitation usually leads to "nuh, I'll stay here"

Reactions: 1 user
Salaries have gone up massively over the past three years and keep going up. The TPP has risen 30% or more in that time.

Josh Battle's 900k now would translate to say 650k on our measures four years ago. The AFL doesn't appear to be factoring this inflation.
Thought the same thing. If true, that is just total incompetence. Any half decent organisation with any sort of scale has indexation, and any structural cost changes such as these, built-in to everything.

A top 10 compo pick for a good defender. Same as a star mid or forward. I know we say this every second year, and I know there is no easy solution, but what a joke.

You can only go off what the contract offer is in terms of $$$ and length though. It's the fairest way.

And he's being paid star mid/forward rates.

I’m against any compo, but it falls on deaf ears.
If they insist on keeping it, then the first round should be uncompromised.