Tony Jewell on Open Mike this week coming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tony Jewell on Open Mike this week coming

We also lost Sheedy to EFC because we chose Sir Francis over Sheeds.

TigerForce said:
OK, I must've heard it wrong, but Greenberg's still a dill in calling for TJ to be sacked in his 1st season.

Coincidentally, it was another Tiger in Micky who fixed them up just 2 years after Royce. We should've invested in him as coach....what was Ian Wilson & co. thinking?
TJ actually said that in 1980 the Tigers were the side that pioneered breaking the team into groups and coaching them that way, Micky was responsible for the defenders.

New York Tiger said:
Tony Greenberg wrote the article for TJ get the sack in 1979 to be replaced by Royce - who then went to the Dogs for the 1980 season.

On Open Mike TJ said he could hear the jungle drums beating for Sir Francis in 1981 internally. Bourke was the anointed one to take over in 1982.

Yeah but he's just a journo writing a piece in a newspaper.
It only becomes something if the club read it and say 'yeah, he's right : why didn't we think of that?'