Tony Jewell on Open Mike this week coming | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tony Jewell on Open Mike this week coming

I'll definitely have a look. I hope he tells the story about how Max Oppy first referred to him as 'You!' when picking guys to run around and clearly didn't even know his name.

Just hope the premise and timing were not geared towards eliciting the soundbite that appears on the ad -> setting Richmond supporters up for a fall. Talk of a premiership prior to an EF is clearly ridiculous.

Didn't have the heart to take the coaching job in 1986. Walls the same. Makes you wonder if we could've succeeded with a coach who DID want the job.

TigerForce said:
Didn't have the heart to take the coaching job in 1986. Walls the same. Makes you wonder if we could've succeeded with a coach who DID want the job.

Jesus Christ could have coached the teams we had in the late 80s and early 90s and we still would have got nowhere.

23.21.159 said:
Jesus Christ could have coached the teams we had in the late 80s and early 90s and we still would have got nowhere.

Yep, well and truly stuffed by then. Alan Bond's presidency was wedged in between TJ's two "comeback" seasons.

TigerForce said:
I woz there at Arctic Park when TJ and Perc had that scuffle. Funny times.
Different times. Even Tony said he wasn't all that proud of his reputation as being Richmond's go to guy to whack people in his own playing days.

Watching it now. What a surprise that Richmond-hating flog Sheahan tipped the Pies in the 1980 GF. ::) He should have quit the game that day.

TigerForce said:
I woz there at Arctic Park when TJ and Perc had that scuffle. Funny times.

Yes that was a ripper, wasn't it over Rudi the witch doctor that we nicked from the Blooze