Tom Hislop | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Hislop

shawry said:
You guys are wayt oo harsh on Farmer after 3 games. Give him a chance. He has some current deficiencies as do all our players, like his skills however and witha bit of confidence Iam sure this pick may look ok.

Maybe but from what I have seen so far he is going to be right up against it.

Streak said:
That is true Zero, but the fact he was only offered a one year contract tells you something.

I had heard the Bombers had told him he would get another chance with a one year contract, but any more problems and he was gone. Not sure what the problems were, and I am quoting a local (WA) source, so read into that what you may.
Regardless of any history with off field incidents, they still took him with an early pick and they still didn't want him to leave. Clearly the 1 year was more to do with his behaviour as an incentive to keep out of trouble. He hasn't had any off field issues since coming to Richmond, it's just the football side we need to worry about.

I'll admit I was wrong on Hislop. When I saw footage of him from Tassie I thought he looked the goods. Never saw him play for the Bummers but was happy when we got him. Now I've seen him play I can't beleive we got him! Oh well, only 17 more weeks.