Tom Hislop | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Hislop

bringbakflemmo said:
Who recruited this bloke ?

Craig Cameron. Add Thomson and Farmer, and is anyone else concerned about the future of our recruiting ???

Ridley said:
Craig Cameron. Add Thomson and Farmer, and is anyone else concerned about the future of our recruiting ???

Sure are. Some beauties in there. Our recruiters can see things in players that most others can't, then we give those players 3 years or more to prove that the recruiters are idiots.

very disappointing..........what did we see in this guy ????? another pick up in smoke.......please rfc do not pick up other clubs trash!!!!!!!!!

bringbakflemmo said:
I'm stunned to read that people NOW think Hislop can't play.
He's a VFL footballer playing AFL and has been since we got him.
He does his best with limited AFL ability.
Back to the Burgers for the rest of 2010 and then goodbye.
Who recruited this bloke ?

Good post bringbakhisso

Barnzy said:
What a waste of a pick in the 2008 superdraft. Add Thomson to that list to.
I said this in march april 2009, blind freddy can see, they have almost no strings to their bow, we can find our own garbage quite easily without putting rejects from superior programs into our great development machine

when will we learn recruiting other clubs spastics for good draft picks is killing us.

CC TIGER said:
I swear it's a different Hislop too the one I saw play for Tassie, love the aggression , however

It is a valid point. Realistically he didn't cost us much to recruit (pick 58), and the Bombers saw enough they liked in him to take him at pick 20 in 2006, and had offered him a one year contract to stay prior to us picking him up.

I'll admit he hadn't done much with the Bombers prior to that, but it wouldn't be hard to see that we might have liked what we saw, as Essendon did, before he had been taken up in the AFL.

In hindsight it wasn't the right choice, but to me it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some of our other recruiting decisions over the last 20 years.

He is a frustrating player because his attack on the ball is very good but he stuffs it up time and time again. Every praise he gets is followed by a criticism which is a real shame.

Streak said:
It is a valid point. Realistically he didn't cost us much to recruit (pick 58), and the Bombers saw enough they liked in him to take him at pick 20 in 2006, and had offered him a one year contract to stay prior to us picking him up.

I'll admit he hadn't done much with the Bombers prior to that, but it wouldn't be hard to see that we might have liked what we saw, as Essendon did, before he had been taken up in the AFL.

In hindsight it wasn't the right choice, but to me it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some of our other recruiting decisions over the last 20 years.

Yeah but you also have to ask why were they satidified with such a low pick for him. And a one-year contract is unusual for a young kid. They knew he was a dud and they have our number on speed dial when they have a dud to offload.

Matiger said:
Yeah but you also have to ask why were they satidified with such a low pick for him. And a one-year contract is unusual for a young kid. They knew he was a dud and they have our number on speed dial when they have a dud to offload.

You don't need to ask anything. Hislop was delisted by the EFC and we picked him up in the draft. There was no trade.

Clinton said:
he was delisted because of off field related problems
Absolute garbage, he was offered a 1 year deal from Essendon and turned it down. He walked, but in doing so you still get delisted.

Ridley said:
You guys are wayt oo harsh on Farmer after 3 games. Give him a chance. He has some current deficiencies as do all our players, like his skills however and witha bit of confidence Iam sure this pick may look ok.

ZeroGame said:
Absolute garbage, he was offered a 1 year deal from Essendon and turned it down. He walked, but in doing so you still get delisted.

That is true Zero, but the fact he was only offered a one year contract tells you something.

I had heard the Bombers had told him he would get another chance with a one year contract, but any more problems and he was gone. Not sure what the problems were, and I am quoting a local (WA) source, so read into that what you may.