Tom Hislop | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Hislop

Feb 25, 2007
Ive defended hislop many a times as has tigerbob but what i saw today was someone who just aint up to it, to many times he tried to correl than tackle, to many times made the wrong decision, to many times got himself into trouble...

Must GO!!!

Sloppy by name sloppy by nature.
Takes a great grab then :police: it up :pullhair
Time to try another kid.

He does some good things, then he does some really stupid things whether it be him holding the ball after taking too much time assessing options, or kicking poorly to team mates and turning it over.

A VFL player. Needs to do a bit more to play senior level.

btoz_01 said:
Sloppy by name sloppy by nature.
Takes a great grab then :police: it up :pullhair
Time to try another kid.

didnt give it his all when the ball floated towards the dees goal punt road end, it was an up and under and hissy just didnt run hard enough, i think he couldve marked it but waited for it to bounce instead and u know what happened next, goal to melbourne...

Too many times falls over,
too many times he kicks dont hit there target,
too many times he flies for marks, that he never gets near them,
too many times he allows his 20 metres before chasing,
too many times he gives frees away,
too many times he gets selected to play, when i rather have pettifer back
too many times i have said this guy should be delisted
too many times he reminds me of Tim Fleming or Billy Nicholls

Rfc4Ever said:
He does some good things, then he does some really stupid things whether it be him holding the ball after taking too much time assessing options, or kicking poorly to team mates and turning it over.

agree, there were times when he couldve had a run and bounce and give the team extra meterage but he just bombs it, either panics from perceived pressure or simply suffers from a lack of confidence...

Papers stamped.

Shocking kick over 30 meteres. The classical Richmond dumb footballer of this era.

Rfc4Ever said:

Good summary.
You just know that every game there will be a time when he grabs the ball, looks good, streams downfield, and then completely misses with a 30-40m pass.

His play running through the centre in the last quarter summed him up.

Under no pressure, needed a nice neat 30 metre kick to a player on the lead and couldnt hit the target.

Tries hard, but skills let him down under pressure.

Hislop - his attributes are as follows - slow, poor kicking, poor handballing, poor decision making, average mark.

He has to be tapped on the shoulder and left at Coburg. waste of time playing him now.

SCOOP said:
Papers stamped.

Shocking kick over 30 meteres. The classical Richmond dumb footballer of this era.

Correct, not to mention slow with nothing to his game apart from some toughness every now and then.

What a waste of a pick in the 2008 superdraft. Add Thomson to that list to.

I'm stunned to read that people NOW think Hislop can't play.
He's a VFL footballer playing AFL and has been since we got him.
He does his best with limited AFL ability.
Back to the Burgers for the rest of 2010 and then goodbye.
Who recruited this bloke ?

AstuteTiger said:
Ive defended hislop many a times as has tigerbob but what i saw today was someone who just aint up to it, to many times he tried to correl than tackle, to many times made the wrong decision, to many times got himself into trouble...

Must GO!!!

Another CC recruiting coup.