To beat the Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

To beat the Hawks

Cotch kept harrassing Hodge all night. The little bump when Hodge was toeing the ball and it went out on the full - you could just imagine Hodge thinking "when is this guy gonna give me a break?"

TigerMasochist said:
Quality post Tottie, boys got straight on the front foot n pushed the unsociable right up the Hawks left nostril for them.
Got a feeling that if we meet them during the finals this year there's going to be a war happening.
Would definitely be one to bring the beer n popcorn to.

It will be on like it is Billy Ray Cyrus night at the caravan park.

TOT70 said:
It will be on like it is Billy Ray Cyrus night at the caravan park.
Haaargh. Big Ivvy wouldn't wanna be caught sneaking around there, with that mullet of his, he'd never survive.

I was wanting Arnott to come in to rough up the Hawkers, but we didn't need him with our mighty captain leading the way.
Well done Skipper you are setting a fine example.

BTW, can we imagine what the media frenzy would be like if, instead of Vickery being pushed into the fence by Lake, it was the other way around and Vickery did the pushing? All the SEN experts would be talking up a six to eight week suspension.

Instead, we get throwaway lines about how Lake won't have a case to answer.

The media double standard when it comes to match review panel cases knows no bounds.

Cotchin also threw a little elbow into Sam Mitchell's chest at the start. Mitchell shrugged it off, but it did set the tone. There was some chatter from the commentators about how Cotchin's has added an edge to his game this year. I think he tried this a bit last year, but didn't look comfortable. Now he is and the rest of the side are picking up on it and following him. This is leadership, something Hawthorn has had and that we're now getting in a big way.

Maric has helped set the tone, as have Miles and Chaplin.

Chaplin's leadership of the backline is the major reason they are doing so well. His concentration and attention to detail on the ever-changing match-ups is extraordinary. He ensures that the right player is freed up all the time and that each forward has the exact best-match defender covering him at all times. He is constantly talking, encouraging, sledging the opposition, zoning off to cut off loose balls and he reads the play better than anyone.