Time to promote the Goo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Time to promote the Goo

Big Cat Lover said:
Would prefer Zac. Would prefer LRT. Would prefer Tom Williams. All better than McGuane. throw up some more names, they'll all be better than McGuane.

:hihi

Let me guess, you're and McGuane has a new girlfriend

Elmer said:
Goo strikes me as a modern day 'superboot' Casserley. A mysterious list asset that for years no-one apart from a handful of coburg watchers know anything about.

Is he a legitimate chance or is he just a cry for those who can't stand *smile* for another mintue?

;D

I'd like to see Gourdis get a chance at FB, just so we can see how others on the list cope in key defensive roles within our side.
We've seen with young Rance & Post that it's not as easy down there as some think so if Gourdis get s a go at the senior level we'll at least see what he brings to the table also without remaining some unseen fantasy.
Hopefully he's a success but if not then perhaps some of McGuane's haters might realise that he's our best option until we have someone else on the list actually capable of doing better.

Gourdis is crying out to be promoted. He is the same height & weight as Polak but a lot quicker. Watched him closely at Morwell in the practice match against Essendon & thought he did a particularly good job, particularly considering how often the ball was in the Essendon forward line. Personally I would like to see him in the forward line - this boy can jump & has good hands but in light of our backline deficiencies & where the club have been playing him - clearly he will be in defence. Though he will be a monty to be used as a switch hitter if the coach decides.

Big Cat Lover said:
Laffy/Leys/Turner all better than McGuane. Name some more.

LOL...Turner definitely, Leys probably (was underrated IMO) but Laffy??? Sheesh some people have a short memory...Laffy was an absolute disgrace. McGuane is 10 times the player Laffy was.

Tigers of Old said:
Sure would be, then your opinions might actually carry some weight.

Funny how there seems to be a fair bit of support for the goo to get a go, and a fair few with concerns about McGuane

I reckon we're not too far away from seeing some structure to the side aswell as having pressure on every spot & position
at the same time.
I hope the Goo grabs his chance with both hands & never lets go because it will be sooner rather than later that he'll
have pressure applied from another youngster in Grimes.

Yes promote him, then see what he's made of. The next 11 weeks will tell us if he's good enough, if not, then throw his carcass out.

BrisTiger24 said:
LOL...Turner definitely, Leys probably (was underrated IMO) but Laffy??? Sheesh some people have a short memory...Laffy was an absolute disgrace. McGuane is 10 times the player Laffy was.

Laffy was out and out the worst player I have ever seen don a Richmond jumper. And that's saying something.

Big Cat Lover said:
Funny how there seems to be a fair bit of support for the goo to get a go, and a fair few with concerns about McGuane

Funny how we're still waiting on some facts to support your opinions..

I'm all for Hardwick giving Gourdis an opportunity if he thinks he's capable at senior level so that we can see what he has to offer.
Until then his ability is entirely unproven except in your mind.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yes promote him, then see what he's made of. The next 11 weeks will tell us if he's good enough, if not, then throw his carcass out.

Agree & If he doesn't get a go it'll mean he wasn't up to it.

Whens the cut off time for promoting him(anyone) - is an announcement imminenet ? ( for whoever we promote)

Couldn't be a significant disadvantage of Thirsty, give him a go.

jimbob said:
I assume we can promote 2 in light of Simmons retiring ?

No. Only if someone retires due to injury can you promote a rookie I'm pretty sure. Dean Solomon at the start of year for example.

Don't think you can replace retired player

but according to OER hislop out for rest of season so theres 2...

GoodOne said:
Laffy was out and out the worst player I have ever seen don a Richmond jumper. And that's saying something.
I would have to agree. He was absolutely pathetic.