Time to promote the Goo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Time to promote the Goo

Regardless of him being better, or worse, than others currently getting games... I think Gourdis would add a positive dimension to the team with his form throughout the year in the 'Burgs so far.

Go the Tiges

Happy to see the Goo given a go ahead of either McGuane/Moore/Thursfield but preferably McGuane.

Big Cat Lover said:

you dont think a KPD could do a worse job at stopping his opponets kicking goals?

of course someone could do a lot worse than mcguane.

Baloo said:
Zac Dawson would be a candidate

Would prefer Zac. Would prefer LRT. Would prefer Tom Williams. All better than McGuane. throw up some more names, they'll all be better than McGuane.

Big Cat Lover said:
Would prefer Zac. Would prefer LRT. Would prefer Tom Williams. All better than McGuane. throw up some more names, they'll all be better than McGuane.

when was the last time someone kicked 5 goals on McGuane?- thats actually a genuine question. I'm guessing Geelong this year when Mooney and Pods kicked 5 each out 25. besides that?

Big Cat Lover said:

Michael Laffy??

Brodders17 said:
when was the last time someone kicked 5 goals on McGuane?- thats actually a genuine question. I'm guessing Geelong this year when Mooney and Pods kicked 5 each out 25. besides that?

I don't think you are asking the right question. When was the last time anyone kicked 5 on their direct opponent in the AFL? It rarely happens now because players are rotated quickly when their opponent appears to have an edge eg Blake switched off Reiwoldt after he got a couple.

I'm not quite sure what sort of stats sites keep on goals conceded? I'm guessing there must be a stat somewhere? I would like to know how many times McGuane's opponent have directly kicked or setup goals and also how many of his turnovers led to goals. Would be good to see this for all defenders.

Big Cat Lover said:

Guaranteed St Kilda would swap Zac for Luke!
You are kidding yourself if you think Zac is better than Luke
In a struggling team I think Luke does a huge jobseeing he is undersized!

McGuane >> Josh Gibson
and Gibson got a 3 year close to 1M per from the Dawks!!!!

Big Cat Lover said:
I'm not quite sure what sort of stats sites keep on goals conceded? I'm guessing there must be a stat somewhere? I would like to know how many times McGuane's opponent have directly kicked or setup goals and also how many of his turnovers led to goals. Would be good to see this for all defenders.

Sure would be, then your opinions might actually carry some weight.

Big Cat Lover said:
I don't think you are asking the right question. When was the last time anyone kicked 5 on their direct opponent in the AFL? It rarely happens now because players are rotated quickly when their opponent appears to have an edge eg Blake switched off Reiwoldt after he got a couple.

Asked the goals conceded question the other day and Fudge replied, Mcguane has had 2 bags of 4 goals and a 3, kicked on him this season I think for memory. One thing Mcguane does that none of our other defenders seem to do is give his opponents the *smile* and maintains body contact. Farmer played 5 plus metres of Milne the other night , unclear as to what Hardwick was thinking.

On the Goo, without doubt we have to have a squiz at him on the main stage before the season out, be nice to have a big strong body down there, really think Astbury will become a general down there and another strong pack mark would help no end.

Rd 16? Backline

FB Tambling- Goo- Thursfield/Moore/Mcguane

HB Connors- Astbury- Deledio

Stuff rnd 16 rnd 12 will do.

Give Goo a go it was ridiculous that Polak and Roberts were promoted ahead of this kid.

IMO he will be our FB or CHB going forward...got so much time for him.

McGuane is way better than Zac Dawson...that is ridiculous.

amcre said:
Stuff rnd 16 rnd 12 will do.

Give Goo a go it was ridiculous that Polak and Roberts were promoted ahead of this kid.

IMO he will be our FB or CHB going forward...got so much time for him.

Gourdo showed good signs playing on franklin in NAB cup

and mcguane is better than anything in the saints back half

RICHO_12 said:
Guaranteed St Kilda would swap Zac for Luke!
You are kidding yourself if you think Zac is better than Luke

Luke's disposal looks like caviar compared to Dawson.

UPGRADE GOO.
we clearly dont have a FB atm. one week thursty is playing there, next week its maguane, next week moore is there.

Goo HAS to be elevated and left there for the rest of the year (barring consistent very ordinary games), and given time to adjust to afl, given confidence, given belief that he belongs at afl level. Hopefully he keeps improving ad becomes a good plaer thru the year! we need someone there, no better options and hes doin pretty well at Vfl.

I am more concerned about Thursty than McGuane. Will seems to be getting worse each time he plays.

Get Dave up and playing ASAP. He is strong, super athletic and a more than competent footballer. It is amazing that when you get a guy up from the VFL they play so much better in the AFL.

Goo strikes me as a modern day 'superboot' Casserley. A mysterious list asset that for years no-one apart from a handful of coburg watchers know anything about.

Is he a legitimate chance or is he just a cry for those who can't stand *smile* for another mintue?