Time to promote the Goo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Time to promote the Goo

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With Simmonds retirement, it's time to promote the Goo.
He was very unlucky not to get Polak's spot.
The Eagles game is the perfect game for is debut, and he should be given at least 4 weeks to show us what he has got.

BladeTiger said:
Definitely worth a try at full back. Our key backs are way too small

I always saw him as a key forward. Nice kick for goal, good grab, quick off the mark etc. etc.

But with Jack killing it up there, Griffiths and most likely Post looking for a KPF role, Goodas best chance might lie in defence.

Lets throw Griffiths and Post down forward with Reiwoldt next week. Have Nahas and Nason crumming at their feet instead of playing in the midfield and it'll look like a dangerous forward line.

thejinx said:
Lets throw Griffiths and Post down forward with Reiwoldt next week. Have Nahas and Nason crumming at their feet instead of playing in the midfield and it'll look like a dangerous forward line.

maybe even Taylor as well

He played full back at Windy Hill today against the bombers, and did a very good job.

Goo better have big shoulders because there is a faction of PRE posters that have already placed our future backline in his hands.

Not bad for a project player that was delisted and then rookied back.

Baloo said:
Goo better have big shoulders because there is a faction of PRE posters that have already placed our future backline in his hands.

I think people just want to see if he has anything to offer at FB ala Silvester treatment because he's been getting quite a few bests at Coburg and it's quite clear that the McGuane/Thursfield/Moore combo isn't going to take us too far. You're exaggerating a fair bit there, "placed our future backline in his hands".

Baloo said:

A faction? I think you are confused. There are many here that see the 2 x KPD spots as a weakness and open for someone to take them. Gourdis appears to be the one to get a go, given the ability to elevate him, the struggles of Post (although he may be getting some form back) and his own good form at full back - acknowledged both in the best in the paper as well as given wraps from various PRE coburg "reporters".
Considering his opposition for the position - McGuane/Moore/Thursfield - I see it as quite easy for him to cement the spot by the end of this year. He simply cannot be any worse than McGuane.