Tigers v Blues ... Game day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers v Blues ... Game day

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A danger game, Kreuzer has been a big part of Carlton good form. Gibbs, Carrazzo and Menzel are good ins.

I hope Lids plays as a permanent forward seeing that Griffo is out.

Jack to kick 5 and Lids 4, Tiges by 17 points.

Danger game alright. I think we will need Lids to support through the middle quite a bit tonight, that's where the game will be won or lost. Morris brought in for Yarran hey? Looks like Dimma has given up on the Morris as a 'pressure forward' option - hopefully he doesn't butcher too many balls in the back half.... Jack will cover heaps of ground and burn Jamo on the trip back to the goal front. The danger with Carlscum at the moment is that they have been getting loose on their opponents resulting in heaps of uncontested ball and rebound goals. We need to be on our game with our forward 50 delivery and keep them honest on the rebound.

Minus Judd, this on paper looks like the best Blues team for 2015 (maybe minus Thomas too). Number 2 team at center clearances (Carlton) we have to respect them but stick to what we have done over the last 6 weeks.

Just hope we come out on a Friday MCG home game and play some scintillating football. Love Hampson and Morris to prove all the doubters wrong, love Cotch to play well from the opening bounce and not have to drag the team back in it, love to kick straight and have 7.2 on the board instated of 2.7.

Come to play tigers!!!

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:
Could be bringing Thomas in too if the rain is likely...

I wouldn't mind seeing him come in if its going to be wet, also he can smash Carrazzo every time he goes near Chimp and Milo.

Key battles
Rucks
Kruezer & Wood v Hampson & Vickery

Fwd
Field & Jamison v riewoldt and resting ruck

Casboult Henderson Everett and resting ruck
V Grimes Rance chaplin & Batchelor

Midfield

Gibbs Cripps Murphy
Versus
Cotchin edwards miles

It's our next tier that will win it
Grigg Deledio martin B Ellis

We bat deeper

Carlton have had a shocker of a season and should crack if we hit them.
But they won't go away, we'll have to beat them.

On recent form, I can't see us not getting the bikkies.

But it's a danger game nonetheless, we can't be complacent.
Stuck to the processes and bring the right intensity.
My heart would appreciate it, if we don't need another catch up victory

DirtyDogTiger said:
But it's a danger game nonetheless, we can't be complacent.
Stuck to the processes and bring the right intensity.

Without labouring the point but isnt every game like this these days ? Brsibane and GCS showed last week that anything is possible in the AFL these days.

At the moment the forecast is no rain so maybe they may bring another tall. McBean?

They may be a heavy reliance of Vickery rucking which we leave Jack as the tall option and you know how Richmond plays when that's the case. Kick it Jack with him being double teamed. They need to lower their eyes going I50 when Vickery goes into the ruck to give Hampson and rest. Hampson can't be relied upon going forward as he hasn't marked a ball since playing for Carlton against the Tigers.

The other option is when that change happens, Deleido goes forward to provide another marking/leading option. We will possibly need Deleido as a 50/50 tonight. Playing midfield then changing forward?

This is a strong Carlton side. Good ins. Have to be respected.

We need to come out fast and switched on.

If the weather changes between now and the start of the game I would bring Thomas in as this game will be a contested, tackling game won or loss in the middle. We can't afford them easy ball/clearances from the middle and easy F50 entries.

Tigers, please start well and kick straight. Good lead ay quarter time and cruise through the rest of game by winning every quarter.

I truly hope they are switched on from the word go like Freo game. Dimma rip into them before the game. Players think they got carltank covered they'll play crap and lose.

CarnTheTiges said:
It's a big if on recent form, but if Hampson can actually hold marks he's a handful for any defender.

Hasn't played for weeks, may struggle to get to contests in the first place.

I'll be happy if he just brings the ball to ground, show us your tap quality.... anything else is a bonus. If he starts taking marks we basically have a new recruit!

As much as we need to respect them, they have 3 wins - 10 losses and percentage of 73%. Fire up Richmond and pummel them to next year!