TIGERS ALTERNATIVE JUMPER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TIGERS ALTERNATIVE JUMPER

Do you like the Tigers Alternative Jumper

• Total voters
LidsBling&Cotch said:
ok, so you're going to completely ignore that you post as these idiotic characters in tandem. as i said the laurel and hardy act is growing old

Not sure why we need to go thru this again and justify ourselves, but B2 clearly just replied on topic to your comment about white jumpers.
Just because he disagreed with you doesn't make it idiotic, your hissy fit was more idiotic.
Have to agree with B2 if you think we are one poster trying to 'fool' people with a tandem act you need to read our posts a bit more carefully.
Again as I said to DiscoStu when he went off tap about us, ignore our posts if you want.
I have no interest in your thoughts either.

B1

Brodders17 said:
We need a thread debating the worth of B1 and B2 i think.

Go for it Brodders, but make sure you start the topic in 'Game for a Laugh'
Wouldn't want any humour or off-topic comments in Dyer Tribe, might upset some.

B1

B1 and B2 said:
Not sure why we need to go thru this again and justify ourselves, but B2 clearly just replied on topic to your comment about white jumpers.
Just because he disagreed with you doesn't make it idiotic, your hissy fit was more idiotic.
Have to agree with B2 if you think we are one poster trying to 'fool' people with a tandem act you need to read our posts a bit more carefully.
Again as I said to DiscoStu when he went off tap about us, ignore our posts if you want.
I have no interest in your thoughts either.

B1

you're a fool

LidsBling&Cotch said:
you're a fool
shouldnt that be you're fools? or is it only B1? or is B2 to really B1? or is B1 really B2?

I'm confused. it is easy to slip up on these bananas.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
B1 and B2 need to wear clash strips.

Grow up you people.. No time for sense of humours here... We have a club to support..

B2 (Like the away strip as is, l have already bought one)..

bowden4president said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with the current numbers on our traditional guernsey. There may however be a problem with some of the eyes trying to read them ;D

That maybe the problem, as I struggle to read the numbers on normal jumper but the clash jumper was perfect for me (or the black backs with the gold numbers).

Have you voted B1?

I just realised I did not vote..

Better than Normal Jumper.
I like the Alternative Jumper, but our original is the best... That's why we probably choose Richmond as kids..

Worse Normal Jumper.
Again I like the Alternative Jumper.

So which one do l tick B1?

Said B2

B1 and B2 said:
Have you voted B1?

I just realised I did not vote..

Better than Normal Jumper.
I like the Alternative Jumper, but our original is the best... That's why we probably choose Richmond as kids..

Worse Normal Jumper.
Again I like the Alternative Jumper.

So which one do l tick B1?

Said B2

I don't want to vote either - of course I love our traditional jumper - but our clash strip is the best in the league. I like them both for what they are.

i voted for the current alternate jumper but i concede its time for a change.

but tbh, i can't see why we don't just wear yellow shorts instead of white in away games against essendon. that would put an end to any so called "clash" and allow us to wear our traditional jumper

First time in years that I've been able to see the numbers on the players back. The white number on yellow sash is impossible to see from the top decks. Opposition are always easier to pick up. Every week, people around me agree.

I like the traditional jumper, but we've got to do something about the numbers.

I liked the plain black back jumpers with the yellow number.

Ian4 said:
i voted for the current alternate jumper but i concede its time for a change.

but tbh, i can't see why we don't just wear yellow shorts instead of white in away games against essendon. that would put an end to any so called "clash" and allow us to wear our traditional jumper

Hobart Football Club in the Tasmanian State League wear yellow shorts with their Tigers strip. Looks a little ordinary if you ask me. Though I suppose they wouldn't need to wear this often. Still like the idea of the WA state jumper style of predominately yellow with a black sash and black number.

The problem with the Centenary guernsey was that it looked nothing like the original yellow and black guernsey when the Tigers debuted in the VFL in 1908. From memory the stripes were alternating yellow and black with no logo in the middle. I think in 2003 the first year the AFL introduced a heritage round Richmond wore a jumper like this which was produced by Nike and generally well received. I think if we had a guernsey like this which reflected our heritage and being distinctive (ie. not like the Collingwood or Hawthorn stripes) it would look great. Probably only needs to be worn against Essendon where there is a 'perceived' clash. Another idea for our games against the Bombers and most particularly the Dreamtime at the G game is to take some inspiration from the WAFL clubs in its indiginous round where the guernseys are re-design with indiginous style motifs by local aboriginal artists. An area the RFC marketing dept should look into.
Panthera Tigris said:
Agreed, I've always thought if we must adopt a clash jumper that the logical option would have been to wear a jumper as suggested above with the colour's reversed. Come to think of it wouldn't this be logical for most clubs, which is why Carlton's clash strip is quite a logical choice as is the Doggies and probably St.Kilda. However wearing a white strip when you don't even wear white as one of your colours, such as Hawthorn, is just rediculous if you ask me. And by the way, why the hell did the Dawks need to wear a clash strip against Carlton. A predominately yellow jumper up against a navy blue one....how could people possibly have difficulty with that?? Clash strips should only be required very rarely when one could logically have difficulty eg Collingwood V Nth Melb or Collingwood V Geelong, Carlton V Port Adelaide (new jumper) etc.

Though I hate to admit it, Collingwood wearing 'black on white'' with white shorts (predominately white) as opposed to their 'white on black'' with black shorts (predominately black) is a good comprimise between keeping with tradition and something that passes as a cash strip. On this note I notice in the media that Nth Melbourne are to give up their pale blue 'Argentina' style strip as it isn't very well liked. Wouldn't it be logical for them to adopt a similar approach to Collingwood, ie. have a 'blue on white' jumper to be worn with white shorts (predominately white) and a 'white on blue' with blue shorts (predominately blue). If Collingwood and the AFL kicked up a stink about this idea it would reek of double standards!

Another approach is to adopt something based on a heritage jumper of a club if it fits the requirements of a clash strip. For example Hawthorn have worn a heritage strip which was brown with a yellow 'V' as have Nth Melb with a royal blue jumper with a white 'V' and St.Kilda's barber shop quartet style jumper a few years ago. Or if the Swans needed to adopt a clash strip their South Melbourne all white strip with a red V would win over thier old time Melbourne supporter base. But on this note, before I'm told that we should adopt the Richmond Centenary jumper of yellow and black stripes.....NO NO NO...that looked bloody aweful and too much like Hawthorn. Another requirement is that it should be at least a little asthetically pleasing ;)

Panthera Tigris said:
Hobart Football Club in the Tasmanian State League wear yellow shorts with their Tigers strip. Looks a little ordinary if you ask me. Though I suppose they wouldn't need to wear this often. Still like the idea of the WA state jumper style of predominately yellow with a black sash and black number.

we wore yellow shorts in a heritage game a few years ago and i thought it was sufficient. the main point is that we'll get to wear our traditional jumper for 22 games. and thats what matters most imo.

Dont know if mentioned but in the pre game, the indigenous players wore reverse bomber and tiger jumpers with a bit of flair/pattern in the yellow and red - looked great.

Yellow with a black stripe and white shorts - looks great. Wouldn't need it more than a couple of times a year. Bombers and
eagles maybe.