TIGERS ALTERNATIVE JUMPER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TIGERS ALTERNATIVE JUMPER

Do you like the Tigers Alternative Jumper

• Total voters
LidsBling&Cotch said:
do we have to read this laurel and hardy act on every thread on the forum. its tired and unfunny

Who cares if you think it's funny or not..

I'm just posting that l hate white jumpers, which is a little related to the topic...

It's like you posting you like white jumpers.

Sorry for posting an opinion that doesn't sit with you..

B2

B1 and B2 said:

I'm just posting that l hate white jumpers, which is a little related to the topic...

B2

ok, so you're going to completely ignore that you post as these idiotic characters in tandem. as i said the laurel and hardy act is growing old

LidsBling&Cotch said:
ok, so you're going to completely ignore that you post as these idiotic characters in tandem. as i said the laurel and hardy act is growing old

Mate if you seriously think we are one then I will take it up professionally..:rofl :rofl

You think l am as smart as B1 then l will take that as a complement... ;)

If you still think we, me or B1 are one then you need to read our posts more and work it out for yourself... ::)

Thanks B2...

LidsBling&Cotch said:

BIP idiotic characters? kids love em the world over.

Just because B2 doesn't like white jumpers we don't need a little hissy fit.

The best thing done about the white numbers on our normal jumper - was the bit of black trim introduced a few years back.
Made it a lot easier to see - for my eyes anyway.

B1 and B2 said:

B2

.................................and just when your thought bananas were out of season.

Tigers2011 said:
Alternate Jumper should simply be a reverse of the colours - just like the old WA State of Origin jumper. Could put black numbers on a yellow back

Agreed, I've always thought if we must adopt a clash jumper that the logical option would have been to wear a jumper as suggested above with the colour's reversed. Come to think of it wouldn't this be logical for most clubs, which is why Carlton's clash strip is quite a logical choice as is the Doggies and probably St.Kilda. However wearing a white strip when you don't even wear white as one of your colours, such as Hawthorn, is just rediculous if you ask me. And by the way, why the hell did the Dawks need to wear a clash strip against Carlton. A predominately yellow jumper up against a navy blue one....how could people possibly have difficulty with that?? Clash strips should only be required very rarely when one could logically have difficulty eg Collingwood V Nth Melb or Collingwood V Geelong, Carlton V Port Adelaide (new jumper) etc.

Though I hate to admit it, Collingwood wearing 'black on white'' with white shorts (predominately white) as opposed to their 'white on black'' with black shorts (predominately black) is a good comprimise between keeping with tradition and something that passes as a cash strip. On this note I notice in the media that Nth Melbourne are to give up their pale blue 'Argentina' style strip as it isn't very well liked. Wouldn't it be logical for them to adopt a similar approach to Collingwood, ie. have a 'blue on white' jumper to be worn with white shorts (predominately white) and a 'white on blue' with blue shorts (predominately blue). If Collingwood and the AFL kicked up a stink about this idea it would reek of double standards!

Another approach is to adopt something based on a heritage jumper of a club if it fits the requirements of a clash strip. For example Hawthorn have worn a heritage strip which was brown with a yellow 'V' as have Nth Melb with a royal blue jumper with a white 'V' and St.Kilda's barber shop quartet style jumper a few years ago. Or if the Swans needed to adopt a clash strip their South Melbourne all white strip with a red V would win over thier old time Melbourne supporter base. But on this note, before I'm told that we should adopt the Richmond Centenary jumper of yellow and black stripes.....NO NO NO...that looked bloody aweful and too much like Hawthorn. Another requirement is that it should be at least a little asthetically pleasing ;)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the current numbers on our traditional guernsey. There may however be a problem with some of the eyes trying to read them ;D

LidsBling&Cotch said:
do we have to read this laurel and hardy act on every thread on the forum. its tired and unfunny

We need a thread debating the worth of B1 and B2 i think.

Tigers2011 said:
Alternate Jumper should simply be a reverse of the colours - just like the old WA State of Origin jumper. Could put black numbers on a yellow back

If we must have one, then this is the most appropriate. Can't believe the current alternative strip got the nod when we were polled.

But do we really need one? Maybe(????) only against West Coast. I remeber going to Richmond Essendon games in the days when grounds were muddy, there were no lighs to turn on on dark and wet afternoons - and we all knew who was who on the ground.

Tigers2011 said:

Totally agree.

The best clash jumpers are Carlton's and Collingwoods. Simple, effective and still traditional.

Swap the colours over and away we go.

Panthera Tigris said:
Though I hate to admit it, Collingwood wearing 'black on white'' with white shorts (predominately white) as opposed to their 'white on black'' with black shorts (predominately black) is a good comprimise between keeping with tradition and something that passes as a cash strip.

Spot on. Never a need to overcomplicate. Collingwood havent lost a thing and they have two distinct jumpers.