TIGERS ALTERNATIVE JUMPER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TIGERS ALTERNATIVE JUMPER

Do you like the Tigers Alternative Jumper

• Total voters

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
I actually like it better than the normal jumper.

Main reason is the number in black on back of jumper.
Normal jumper the white number on the yellow sash is too hard to pick up at a game 9although maybe my eyesight but I am sure I am not the only who finds it).

Can understand people not liking the big sash, but I would prefer a jumper I can see numbers on the jumper.

I personally woud take this jumper or the one with the black backs and gold number we wore 1995-2004 than the current one.

I like it as it is but if we did have to change I reckon like Hawthorn, white patch with black number is the easiest to read

The numbers aren't the best but I still prefer the current jumper.

Tigers2011 said:
Alternate Jumper should simply be a reverse of the colours - just like the old WA State of Origin jumper. Could put black numbers on a yellow back

Agree T2011

Tigers2011 said:
Alternate Jumper should simply be a reverse of the colours - just like the old WA State of Origin jumper. Could put black numbers on a yellow back

Agree. I still don't reckon we need clash jumpers though. A bit of a farce when the umpires wear similar colours to competing teams.

rosy23 said:
Agree. I still don't reckon we need clash jumpers though. A bit of a farce when the umpires wear similar colours to competing teams.

Yes most amusing when they force us to wear a clash jersey against a team wearing dark red yet we saw that farce last week with Hawthorn, Richmond & the unpires all wearing a form of yellow :rofl

I do DESPISE our current one though. I honestly can't believe it got through on vote, are people really that stupid? The reverse/WA jersey was a far better choice.

For games where we actually have a clash of some sort ... West Coast @ night

i'll cop it for this but the blues white away strip looks really good. i'd like to see a predominantly white arrangement. i'd buy one

Essendon's overgrown red sash when playing away against us is one of the worst I've seen.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i'll cop it for this but the blues white away strip looks really good. i'd like to see a predominantly white arrangement. i'd buy one

It works in the NFL because all teams have a colored strip and a white strip + generally a third.

Would be harder in the AFL where teams where white as a predominate color. They would have to be forced into a colored alternate.

collector said:
It works in the NFL because all teams have a colored strip and a white strip + generally a third.

Would be harder in the AFL where teams where white as a predominate color. They would have to be forced into a colored alternate.

i was speaking specifically about us. we could wear it for away games against say adelaide essendon eagles hawthorn. only a few times a year

I'd be happy to see the team using our predominantly yellow pre-season jumper.

What the players are wearing won't make me support the team any less.

Nothing replaces our traditional jumper but it is IMHO the best alternative jumper of all the AFL clubs.

The club did a good job on this one.