The sky is falling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The sky is falling

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
This would have to be the worst year for panic posting regarding the draft I can remember.

The amount of Chicken Little posters claiming that the sky is falling because we haven't secured this player or missed out on that player or we have lost one of out own is becoming epidemic.

If we all take a collective chill pill and let our football dept do their job without reacting to every rumour that blows around we will enjoy life a bit more.

If at the end it is disappointing yes we can vent for all we are worth but lets first give our boys in the football dept. a chance to their job before we turn up with the pitchforks and angry mob demanding a lynching.

A lot of trade deals are going through and all Dan appears to be doing is sitting on his arse looking at a chess board which is in stalemate. I could be wrong, but news or lack of it out of the Tigers camp does not auger well.

you really think PRE is affecting the club and making them react to every rumour?
Well you can chose not to read the forums.

yandb said:
This would have to be the worst year for panic posting regarding the draft I can remember.

The amount of Chicken Little posters claiming that the sky is falling because we haven't secured this player or missed out on that player or we have lost one of out own is becoming epidemic.

I grew up on my own. i grew up in the western suburbs and had no friends who followed Richmond. now I am closing in on middle age I have met many more along the way. one thing I have learnt from Richmond fans is that they are at the height of optimism and/or the height of pessimism. there isn't much in between.

There's a lot of negative feeling but then Weve won twice as many woodrn spoons (and a number of placings) than finals since our last grand final.

And we've never been spectacular recruiters in my time following them

Opulentus Tigris said:
A lot of trade deals are going through and all Dan appears to be doing is sitting on his arse looking at a chess board which is in stalemate. I could be wrong, but news or lack of it out of the Tigers camp does not auger well.

You're just proving his point.

somebody somewhere sometime on PRE mentioned the guard from Hogans Heroes - Shultz - who used to say "i know nothing". yeah well, I'm with him. Go Tiges.

Of course players aren't going to come to Punt Road with all the sky falling around the place.

Well we missed treloar. Didn't back ourselves on bennell and gave that one up can't get yarran across yet and can't get Lennon to sign up.
Sky hasn't fallen yet but nothing is brightening up our day....

I agree and effectively I have given up posting here until after the trade period because otherwise the tide of negativity takes over.

I post here for fun, at the moment it's not fun.

on the other hand I don't know why people are so defensive.

journos and industry observers have us doing nothing and why shouldn't this be a concern? they are watching who's meeting who at close range.

dangling the bait, sure, but not aggressively enough it seems.

Bloody PRE posters turning away elite midfielders of the competition every year!

Apologists are accepting mediocrity, it'll be the death of this club.

tigertime2 said:
you really think PRE is affecting the club and making them react to every rumour?
Well you can chose not to read the forums.

No I don't believe that it affects the Football dept but responding wildly to every rumour doesn't get us anywhere.

The media who often fan the rumours or invent them do so because bad Richmond news sells papers.

Sintiger said:
I agree and effectively I have given up posting here until after the trade period because otherwise the tide of negativity takes over.

I post here for fun, at the moment it's not fun.

Dunno, i'm rightly copping plenty but it seems like PRE fun as it always is.

jb03 said:
Dunno, i'm rightly copping plenty but it seems like PRE fun as it always is.
It's a personal thing JB.

I have no problem if people want to post at the moment and say what they want but if I don't enjoy it I won't do it. I am not asking people to change for me.

I will probably wait until I actually have something to post about or until when the trade period is over.