The RIP thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RIP thread

Australian Singer Frank Ifield, best known for hits I Remember You and Lovesick Blues, has died aged 86

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Former Bombers, Kangaroos great Barry Davis dies, aged 80​

Barry Davis, who captained North Melbourne to its first premiership after one of the biggest recruiting coups in VFL/AFL history, has died

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Al Ruddy, producer of the greatest movie of all time - The Godfather - dead at 94.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Bill Walton was the orginal Joker prototype. Lived the unconventional athlete life. Saw the game and life differently.

Bird nad Walton on those 86-87 Celtics team played the game on another level. There is nothing fancy about this, it's two guys playing catch.

It's almost 40 years old and you can still do this stuff today. Those Laker and Celtics teams were just different.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
John Blackman - 76 - RIP
He picked me up in an uber around 2016. I said 'has anyone ever told you you look like John Blackman?, he replied 'yeah I get that a lot, people have said I sound like him too.'

Was driving ubers to get out of the house and meet people. Nice guy. Funny, as you'd expect.

Reactions: 7 users
It was mentioned on the game day thread that the Tiger players wore black arm bands for Ron Branton.
Ron was a favourite of my Dad, great tiger player for a long period. Actually finished joint runner up in a Brownlow, in 1962 I think.
Played during down times and had his last game in 1966 just missing the glory years

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
William Anders, Apollo 8 astronaut, died in a plane crash aged 90. He was the pilot.
His name might not be well known, but he took one of the most iconic photos ever taken.

Earthrise

1717839258989.jpeg

Attachments

• 1717839192542.jpeg
    1717839192542.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users