The RFC can thank it's supporters for its survival today. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RFC can thank it's supporters for its survival today.

We're playing kids & they were highly competitive for 3/4s.
Yes the last 15mins was disappointing but I am looking at this game as a glass half full.

As long as they keep getting games into the youngsters and find out those that can play whilst continuing to prune the list they will get my membership dollar.
We ARE moving forward IMO.

Tigers of Old said:
We're playing kids & they were highly competitive for 3/4s.
Yes the last 15mins was disappointing but I am looking at this game as a glass half full.

As long as they keep getting games into the youngsters and find out those that can play whilst continuing to prune the list they will get my membership dollar.
We ARE moving forward IMO.

Well said. The last 15 minutes was painful to watch but signs were good before that. The club can rely on me every year getting my membership dollar.

By the way, we have the third largest support amongst Auskick kids behind Collingwood and Hawthorn Nationwide I believe. Was told that stat two weeks ago and was very impressed. Some will drop off but a lot simply can't and won't. We have an outstanding core of support that love this club no matter what. I think a lot of fans realise this is year one of starting the process to get the club right and will back the club in their efforts.

My biggest fear as it has been all year is the rumblings some "supporters" make and we are starting to see it being played out. This club always attracts these types. I just hope the members stay strong and understand, we are on the right path and we shouldn't deviate from it.

Tigerbob said:
My biggest fear as it has been all year is the rumblings some "supporters" make and we are starting to see it being played out.

The average supporters are entitled to make rumblings, just as long as they don't get on the TV and cause a tsunami.

I'm more concerned about the unprofessionalism and poor timing of a possible 'new ticket', just as things are starting to take shape off field there could be challenge to the president's position. Some things never change at Tigerland!

Tigerbob said:
We have an outstanding core of support that love this club no matter what. I think a lot of fans realise this is year one of starting the process to get the club right and will back the club in their efforts.

Yeah, I've been sticking thick for 31 consecutive years as a member and will continue to do so. But will I be going to games watching A-grade DUDS like McGuane, Moore, Polak, Polo, Edwards, Hislop, Simmonds, White, etc? Not often.

Why is it that other clubs play on, move the ball quick, take risks; and our blokes are as stagnant as a stale fart? The title of this thread is so true, the club can thank its supporters for its survival. There better be another decent cull this year which includes all of the above!

geoffryprettyboy said:
I'm more concerned about the unprofessionalism and poor timing of a possible 'new ticket', just as things are starting to take shape off field there could be challenge to the president's position. Some things never change at Tigerland!

Exactly what I was implying mate. Although if your an average supporter though like me and you mate and make enough noise and show discontent at the club, it makes the push of this stupid idea of a rival ticket more feasable.

I said it to you after I saw the reaction to the Carlton loss. This has been brewing and these morons will pick their time well. Members need to stay strong or we may aswell put a line through our club.

Tigerbob said:
Exactly what I was implying mate. Although if your an average supporter though like me and you mate and make enough noise and show discontent at the club, it makes the push of this stupid idea of a rival ticket more feasable.

I said it to you after I saw the reaction to the Carlton loss. This has been brewing and these morons will pick their time well. Members need to stay strong or we may aswell put a line through our club.

Tb, our number 1 concern will have to be Caroline Wilson and the rest of parasites that feed on the weekly thumpings and write their columns that really stir up the supporters when they open up The Age or HS. The average supporter on here are more than aware of the job ahead, however it's the people that don't go to Club 80 & spend their lives on PRE.

The 'new ticket' will time it by looking at the scoreboard.

Did you see G. Kennett on FC last night? Really brought the message home that the supporters are the heartbeat of the club, I think they are entitled to their opinion.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tb, our number 1 concern will have to be Caroline Wilson and the rest of parasites that feed on the weekly thumpings and write their columns that really stir up the supporters when they open up The Age or HS. The average supporter on here are more than aware of the job ahead, however it's the people that don't go to Club 80 & spend their lives on PRE.

The 'new ticket' will time it by looking at the scoreboard.

Did you see G. Kennett on FC last night? Really brought the message home that the supporters are the heartbeat of the club, I think they are entitled to their opinion.

I try not to watch that show mate. I see nothing of significance ever on it.

There is no doubt the fans are the lifeblood of every club and in particular ours. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and members moreso in terms of voting etc. Dangerous times ahead. Stay strong brother.

Tigerbob said:
My biggest fear as it has been all year is the rumblings some "supporters" make and we are starting to see it being played out. This club always attracts these types. I just hope the members stay strong and understand, we are on the right path and we shouldn't deviate from it.

1. How long do average supporters stay true under the current circumstances?

2. How long do average supporters stay true given our 30 years of failed re-building history?

3. What do you say to them to convince them to "buy" the status-quo if a "new ticket" challenged?

tiger12 said:
1. How long do average supporters stay true under the current circumstances?

2. How long do average supporters stay true given our 30 years of failed re-building history?

3. What do you say to them to convince them to "buy" the status-quo if a "new ticket" challenged?

1. Up to the individual. We have been in a worst mess off the field before and on field too. If supporters want to give up, I sure as hell can't tell them anything to stay.

2. If they have stayed true for that long, I would say the majority will stay true for more. Most don't see this year as just a continuation of the last 10 years. I for one understand the dramatic changes on and off the field in the last 18 months and the new happenings around the club enough to know I will support this club in this attempt to get it right. As I said, if people want to drop off, I ain't gonna be able to stop them. We have a great core that will not drop off. They will get the full effect if we are able to become successful which I am confident we will be. As Hardwick has said, it's about the journey and not the destination. Not a truer word spoken. This club for better or worst is a massive part of my life. I ain't abandoning it now because of the situation.

3. Nothing I can say. The club is being open and honest and if peoople can't see the situation for what it is, then well, I am not the person to change their mind. Intelligent people will question motivation of a rival ticket at this point, and will look at the club now compared to ten years ago when in the words of a senior management person when he took over said, we thought we may have to close up shop. The club has made giant strides off the field and have just began to make significant changes on the field. I ain't going anywhere and will do my best to support the club in their efforts. If you or anyone want to jump off, unfortunetely, I can't and won't stop you. I will say though, that it will be an error for anyone doing so.

Tigerbob said:
3. Nothing I can say. The club is being open and honest and if peoople can't see the situation for what it is, then well, I am not the person to change their mind. Intelligent people will question motivation of a rival ticket at this point, and will look at the club now compared to ten years ago when in the words of a senior management person when he took over said, we thought we may have to close up shop. The club has made giant strides off the field and have just began to make significant changes on the field. I ain't going anywhere and will do my best to support the club in their efforts. If you or anyone want to jump off, unfortunetely, I can't and won't stop you. I will say though, that it will be an error for anyone doing so.

Like you. it's been a big part of my life and I won't be jumping off either - but, FFS, it's hard watching those duds run around in Richmond jumpers.

I wholeheartedly embraced Casey against the Big 4 push in 2004 thinking at the time we were on the right track. Thinking it was Casey that re-set the wheels in motion for the club to become successful. I wish I had embraced the Big 4 ticket instead. The current plight of the football department might make embracing a new ticket too irresistable for some if one was forthcoming.

Do we need a supporter led movement that tells any rival ticket to *smile* off ?

Baloo said:
Do we need a supporter led movement that tells any rival ticket to p!ss off ?

Seriously, I was thinking about this over breakfast. I came to the conclusion it would create more harm to the club than good.

Anyway, nothing lasts forever, if a 'new ticket' was to put their hand up I would hope they use the correct processes rather than the parasites through the media.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Seriously, I was thinking about this over breakfast. I came to the conclusion it would create more harm to the club than good.

It would cause harm if the two camps were fairly evenly divided. If the support for the incumbent was overwhelmingly bigger, then it might not hurt the club, if anything, help stabilise it.

But with peoples desire for 15mins of fame and the media's love of stirring up the Tiger faithful, you're right, it could get ugly.