The RFC can thank it's supporters for its survival today. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RFC can thank it's supporters for its survival today.

Ridley said:
More concerned about Cameron and Jackson. Looking forward to more Hislops, Thomsons and Farmers coming through................

Geez, ur easily pleased these days Piddler ;D

TigerForce said:
Our future all depends on Nov 27 recruiting.

I see our future unfolding in front of my eyes TF but as Phar Ace states next year will be just as terrible IMHO. We have to get real with some of our players that we assume will be part of our future structure. For example Rance, really doesn't have the poise and skills to be at the top level of football. Collins has gone backwards is a real worry, Polo, McGuane, Moore who have been our defence are really not up to it, Post is going through the motions whom we expected to have been an automatic selection in this years team, the rest (6-7 players) who we can name easily of the cuff will not be around, and automatically we will be back to square one again next year looking down the barrel of a thumping each week.

My biggest concern is if a 'new ticket' is established it can effect the mentality of the squad, players like Deledio will be a certaintly to move on with free agency.

If Geoff Raines is involved in this 'new ticket' I will be spitting him in the face.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I see our future unfolding in front of my eyes TF but as Phar Ace states next year will be just as terrible IMHO. We have to get real with some of our players that we assume will be part of our future structure. For example Rance, really doesn't have the poise and skills to be at the top level of football. Collins has gone backwards is a real worry, Polo, McGuane, Moore who have been our defence are really not up to it, Post is going through the motions whom we expected to have been an automatic selection in this years team, the rest (6-7 players) who we can name easily of the cuff will not be around, and automatically we will be back to square one again next year looking down the barrel of a thumping each week.

My biggest concern is if a 'new ticket' is established it can effect the mentality of the squad, players like Deledio will be a certaintly to move on with free agency.

If Geoff Raines is involved in this 'new ticket' I will be spitting him in the face.

How does this affect Lids or any player in particular? None of this happened in Wallace's first year when Phanto made the big move.

As I posted before, we'll be the same but getting rid of duds and bringing in better inexperienced kids should be a long term benefit for us. People just have to get used to it. WTF has Raines got when we dished his kid up north already?

TigerForce said:
How does this affect Lids or any player in particular? None of this happened in Wallace's first year when Phanto made the big move.

I like Phanto now, but in all seriousness, not enough people took him seriously.......... ;D

Big difference.

Phar Ace said:
I like Phanto now, but in all seriousness, not enough people took him seriously.......... ;D

Big difference.

i dont know many that take him seriously now

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i dont know many that take him seriously now

Maybe 'seriously' is not the right right word then for now ;) But he does have more cred now than then, that's for sure.

Agree where you are coming from GPB but i think your being a little melodramatic, if it wasn't for the supporters of any club, they wouldn't exist.

In saying that, what Tigers supporters have endured from the early 80's and to still have the supporter base that we do, we should give ourselves a pat on the back. Imagine what will happen if we win a flag in the next 5-10 years, Manchester United will have to take a back seat.

Reading some of the comments tonight about the game today, some of you have given me a gut ache i have been laughing that hard. On and off the field, It has taken 30 years to *smile* the club and some of you expect Gale & Hardwick to fix it overnight??? Before todays game, who really expected us to win, not I and i thought a 40 point loss was on its way. The fade out was wholley and soley a case of inexperience and the more seasoned bodies won through for them.

Am i happy about the Loss? NO
Am i happy about the fade out? NO
Would i have liked to get the 4 points? YES
Did i see improvement? BLOODY OATH

The expectations were low this year.

But as a team we are not competitive and have performed even below the low expectations.

This is the same Club that only 60 weeks ago believed it was on track to playing finals in 2009.

NZ Tiger said:
The expectations were low this year.

But as a team we are not competitive and have performed even below the low expectations.

This is the same Club that only 60 weeks ago believed it was on track to playing finals in 2009.

That should be the official motto of the RFC:

"Set the bar low and fail to achieve it."

how long can the RFC keep relying on its supportes. my patience for one, is wearing thin.

when are we gonna start relying on the coaching and playing group to keep the club alive????? its only been 20 odd years

geoffryprettyboy said:
I expected a better fight from our club against the Crows. We came out after half time and played a very poor brand of footy that looks no where near satisfactory to even win a game this year. All summer the team has been working on a gameplan and they have spent countless hours initiating it from the backline. We looked atrocious kicking it out, no system whatsoever, we looked very unfit after half time and every team coming up against us will save their petrol in the second half to smash us, and our forward line is non existent with most of them running down back to help out the carnage and when the ball does go up forward there is hardly anyone to make a contest.

I know I have said we need to have patience but this sort of performance against the Crows was embarrasing.

There is only one strong link holding this club together and that is its supporters. Many of these supporters will not be able to endure this sort of display week in & week out.

This sort of on field stuff will add momentum to the potential 'new ticket' to try to oust Gary March. That's all we need right now, off field fighting for the Presidency position and we are a total rabble on field. No wonder the media kick our head in week in & week out.

Time to lift out of this mess Richmond!

GPB don't beat yourself up son. We just aint got the cattle. Pure and simple. You can't turn dogshit into strawberry jam mate.

geoffryprettyboy said:
This sort of on field stuff will add momentum to the potential 'new ticket' to try to oust Gary March. That's all we need right now, off field fighting for the Presidency position and we are a total rabble on field. No wonder the media kick our head in week in & week out.

I've been left shell-shocked twice tonight. First, watching the Tigers capitulate in 20 minutes of football and secondly, hearing the latest off-field drama's unfolding. What I find perplexing the most is the timing.
I'm no Peter Drucker, but, how is it less than six months into a 'transformation', the RFC appears destined for another Board challenge?
Collectively over a period of 30 years, the RFC board has displayed incompetent management ability and this has hurt all aspects of the football club.
If Brendan Gale can manage the potential turmoil as a result of a new ticket, smoothly and transparently, then he should be appointed CEO of GE Globally.
If he cant and the club fails, time to value our current assets at $1, get a new business name and outsource our operations to a private consortium.

the rfc need to have recruiters at every vfl, sanfl and wafl game. after we've gone 6-7 deep in the draft on kids we need to go even deeper on players from these leagues in the hope we find an extra player or 2. there are at least another 14 to go at the end of this year. we need to take encouragement from pods and barlows of this world.

Harry said:
the rfc need to have recruiters at every vfl, sanfl and wafl game. after we've gone 6-7 deep in the draft on kids we need to go even deeper on players from these leagues in the hope we find an extra player or 2. there are at least another 14 to go at the end of this year. we need to take encouragement from pods and barlows of this world.
Agree again - we need to find 6-8 players aged 20-23 with mature bodies playing in men's comps like the abovementioned. There must have been plenty of TAC Cup players overlooked in recent years, who have taken longer to mature as footballers - they must be out there. We have to find them.