The RFC can thank it's supporters for its survival today. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The RFC can thank it's supporters for its survival today.

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
I expected a better fight from our club against the Crows. We came out after half time and played a very poor brand of footy that looks no where near satisfactory to even win a game this year. All summer the team has been working on a gameplan and they have spent countless hours initiating it from the backline. We looked atrocious kicking it out, no system whatsoever, we looked very unfit after half time and every team coming up against us will save their petrol in the second half to smash us, and our forward line is non existent with most of them running down back to help out the carnage and when the ball does go up forward there is hardly anyone to make a contest.

I know I have said we need to have patience but this sort of performance against the Crows was embarrasing.

There is only one strong link holding this club together and that is its supporters. Many of these supporters will not be able to endure this sort of display week in & week out.

This sort of on field stuff will add momentum to the potential 'new ticket' to try to oust Gary March. That's all we need right now, off field fighting for the Presidency position and we are a total rabble on field. No wonder the media kick our head in week in & week out.

Time to lift out of this mess Richmond!

Whoever wants to out March, come forward and show us your blueprint otherwise *smile* off.

TigerForce said:
Whoever wants to out March, come forward and show us your blueprint otherwise *smile* off.

they should get it sorted out behind closed doors - doing it through the media just makes things worse (if that's possible)

The talkback so called richmond supporters are in the same boat. I heard one on the radio the other day saying he does not want us to get a priority pick - surely after tonight he has changed his mind.

It all comes back to on field.

We seem to be starting to improve off it, hopefully it wont take long to get better on it.

:)

Go Tigers?

nice post gpb, ive been really trying to stay positive but that second half was a disgrace. the 3 muppets in green didn't help geez wheres the hurt and intent. we folded like a deck of cards. we were undisciplined and crude

i was happy to watch these kids play and support but our structure is a disgrace and up forward its non existent. get another bloody ruckman into the team and 2 more talls. i dont care who they are, gourdis and post will do

*smile* LIFTTTTTTT

super_coach said:
they should get it sorted out behind closed doors - doing it through the media just makes things worse (if that's possible)

The talkback so called richmond supporters are in the same boat. I heard one on the radio the other day saying he does not want us to get a priority pick - surely after tonight he has changed his mind.

There's too much leakage in our club to keep things secret.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
nice post gpb, ive been really trying to stay positive but that second half was a disgrace. the 3 muppets in green didn't help geez wheres the hurt and intent.

Admittedly, they helped Adelaide a bit early in the last quarter. A few free kicks should've gone our way and some of our tackles were holding the ball.

Richmond supporters when talking factually and thinking clearly are the best in the league.

I have to say i enjoyed the game today up till three quarter time.

I can't say i know why we fell away so badly, except that we looked like we stopped running and following the plan.

Lets just keep our shirts on we will get there.

geoffryprettyboy said:
There is only one strong link holding this club together and that is its supporters. Many of these supporters will not be able to endure this sort of display week in & week out.

This sort of on field stuff will add momentum to the potential 'new ticket' to try to oust Gary March. That's all we need right now, off field fighting for the Presidency position and we are a total rabble on field. No wonder the media kick our head in week in & week out.

I've been saying and worrying about this since Round 1. I question whether being this uncompetitive for as long as it looks like happening, is a good thing for the survival of the club. Any other 5 years, yeah i'm cool with it, but these next are the worst five years in AFL history to be this inexperienced and uncompetitive. Even Adelaide is better off with quality young players than we are (for those so chirlishly throwing mud at them in order to feel better some how).

Imagine next year if we are even worst than this?

geoffryprettyboy said:
I expected a better fight from our club against the Crows. We came out after half time and played a very poor brand of footy that looks no where near satisfactory to even win a game this year. All summer the team has been working on a gameplan and they have spent countless hours initiating it from the backline. We looked atrocious kicking it out, no system whatsoever, we looked very unfit after half time and every team coming up against us will save their petrol in the second half to smash us, and our forward line is non existent with most of them running down back to help out the carnage and when the ball does go up forward there is hardly anyone to make a contest.

I know I have said we need to have patience but this sort of performance against the Crows was embarrasing.

Gee, if you listen to some experts on here it's the supporters who are the problem ???

Great post GPB. This club is extremely lucky to have such faithful and loyal, if immensely frustrated supporters. Most other clubs in the AFL would be out of existence if they put up what we've put up over the past 30 years.

That was absolute garbage that last quarter tonight. Pitiful and no excuse for it whatsoever. But there's been plenty of the same of the years and us suckers keep coming back for more because we've seen what it was like when the RFC was a good and successful club.

But we haven't been a good club for a hell of a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if younger supporters just jump off because they can't be bothered sticking it out. It's hard to blame them when you can't see light at the end of the tunnel.

how can we go from level at the 4 minute mark to 50 points down?? I felt like crying so inept was our play.

The club needs to show something and fast. Supporters won't bother if they know that all they are going to see is 50 point + smashings each week.

What is worrying ATM is after 7 rounds we have averaged 10 goals a game,and have had on average 20 kicked against us.I cannot ever recall a lower percentage than the tigers have to this stage.It reminds me of the stuff that bottom country seconds teams manage.I guess there is only one way to go from here. :-[

Tigers of Old said:
You know what pharaceo, I am expecting we will be. We can only hope it turns after that.
Tough couple of years coming up Tiger fans.

That's right, but with less duds and more inexperienced kids. Our future all depends on Nov 27 recruiting.

Tigers of Old said:
You know what pharaceo, I am expecting we will be. We can only hope it turns after that.
Tough couple of years coming up Tiger fans.

I was being polite couching it as a question ;)

TigerForce said:
That's right, but with less duds and more inexperienced kids. Our future all depends on Nov 27 recruiting.

But do we have the right people in place to make it work. I fear not................

Ridley said:
But do we have the right people in place to make it work. I fear not................

We should have now otherwise our illness all started off-field. These issues would've been sorted out when Dimma and Gale came in.

I'm sure Dimma won't be asking for weeds and good-looking boys as Wallace did.

TigerForce said:

You like the numbers 4, 28 and 44 then? They'd better be lucky, really lucky for RFC, cos anything after 3 has been no certainty for the RFC. Don't even think Geelong has even seen a pick under 8 in drafting history have they? The difference?

TigerForce said:
We should have now otherwise our illness all started off-field. These issues would've been sorted out when Dimma and Gale came in.

I'm sure Dimma won't be asking for weeds and good-looking boys as Wallace did.

More concerned about Cameron and Jackson. Looking forward to more Hislops, Thomsons and Farmers coming through................

Phar Ace said:
You like the numbers 4, 28 and 44 then? They'd better be lucky, really lucky for RFC, cos anything after 3 has been no certainty for the RFC. Don't even think Geelong has even seen a pick under 8 in drafting history have they? The difference?

Nason at 71 looks better than we thought. I've never followed this mainstream myth of believing that the higher number is better than the next. There's tons of dark horses and hidden gems around Australia.

Ridley said:
More concerned about Cameron and Jackson. Looking forward to more Hislops, Thomsons and Farmers coming through................

Hopefully under new coaches they would've improved and been told to.