The real problem with Richmond at the moment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The real problem with Richmond at the moment

mb64 said:
Agree,I expect us to start winning in a couple of weeks & make a run for the 8.Everything looks really positive.

im surprised to see you so optimistic but i think your right, maybe a couple more losses then we will hit form and win 12 out of 14 plus win a couple of finals. I dont think we are quite ready for the flag tho. maybe next year.

good to see the positivity mb67, keep it up.

jokershoppe said:
the two new teams will eventually dominate, they have been gifted unpresedented top 20 talent, its not possible for any current club to get all that talent,even if the talent is average, they will peak at once, i cant see how they wont eventually win flags, look at what port did, and their talent pool wasn,t has good

Yes, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the two new teams will virtually be gifted premierships in their early years, due to the unprecedented amount of top talent they are being given access to. My expectation is that both will win at least one premiership, more likely more than one, before we even go close to our number 11. Perhaps in honour of the great champion of their cause they could be known as the Gold Coast Demetrious or the GWS Demetrious....I hear they are looking for nicknames ;)

Panthera Tigris said:
Yes, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the two new teams will virtually be gifted premierships in their early years, due to the unprecedented amount of top talent they are being given access to. My expectation is that both will win at least one premiership, more likely more than one, before we even go close to our number 11. Perhaps in honour of the great champion of their cause they could be known as the Gold Coast Demetrious or the GWS Demetrious....I hear they are looking for nicknames ;)
We'll have to suck it and see on that one. There's been plenty of wasted top shelf picks in the past - and we know that exceedingly well! Take a look at the Top 10s of the draft for the last 10 years, it's becoming more of a science but there's still a lot of luck (hit and miss) involved.

Brodders17 said:
im surprised to see you so optimistic but i think your right, maybe a couple more losses then we will hit form and win 12 out of 14 plus win a couple of finals. I dont think we are quite ready for the flag tho. maybe next year.

good to see the positivity mb67, keep it up.
My pleasure