The Potential Trading Of McMahon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Potential Trading Of McMahon

Quote from: tigertim on Yesterday at 07:22:51 pm
I havent answered coz I havent seen the question. Sorry. Can you ask me again?
Ian4 said:
Posted by: Ian4
you alluded to somewhere that you're a former player... care to lift the veil?

I think Timbo may have been talking tongue in cheek when he posted that. It seemed to be dripping in sarcasm to me.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
I think Timbo may have been talking tongue in cheek when he posted that. It seemed to be dripping in sarcasm to me.

As if it wasn't obvious enough in the first place tim explained he was joking here (tim if we keep this up my husband will be getting suspicious. :hihi )

I had a few beers with Timbo on my annual jaunt to Melbourne, and while a great bloke to talk to, you may want to stay close to your husband Rosy. :hihi :hihi

Of course that is from a male hetro perspective. ;D

Geezuz - Damn all these high profile names being bandied about with trades is worrying me because everyone will be to busy looking at these blokes than worrying bout our duds.

craig said:
Geezuz - Damn all these high profile names being bandied about with trades is worrying me because everyone will be to busy looking at these blokes than worrying bout our duds.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I heard Fev was being punted.

Perhaps we can hope that some of our stars will seem cheap in comparison.

GoodOne said:
I don't think Rodan was contracted and if so its not the situation I am talking about as he played for Port Adelaide the next year. Dont know of this Petersen at Freo. I don't think it is very common at all so I doubt if McMahon will be paid out by the Tigers and sit out a year of footy.

Petersen was a tiger who was dumped only one year after being drafted (they get a two year contract). He is back on an AFL list (Hawks Rookie) after 1 year playing elsewhere.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
I had a few beers with Timbo on my annual jaunt to Melbourne, and while a great bloke to talk to, you may want to stay close to your husband Rosy. :hihi :hihi

Of course that is from a male hetro perspective. ;D

I'm shattererd Marto, I thought you quite fancied me!

Barnzy said:
We de-listed Rodan with a year to go IIRC. Freo de-listed Peterson with a year still to run. Other than that can't remember others. During this time of year though you hear of unknowns who get de-listed with a year still to run on their contract. I don't think it's that much of a rare occurance as you think but maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

As mentioned it was Richmond that delisted Peterson (Carn Barnzy, don't you know our own list ;D ), I think you're getting confused with Collard who was delisted by Fremantle with a year to run.

Max said:
Petersen was a tiger who was dumped only one year after being drafted (they get a two year contract). He is back on an AFL list (Hawks Rookie) after 1 year playing elsewhere.

Yes I know of the Peterson at the Tigers. He mentioned a Petersen at Freo. But good example of someone who was delisted short of contract and did not play for anyone else. Would have been minimal wage I suspect.

One-eyed Tiger said:
As mentioned it was Richmond that delisted Peterson (Carn Barnzy, don't you know our own list ;D ), I think you're getting confused with Collard who was delisted by Fremantle with a year to run.

Yeah, that's the one. I have a bad long-term memory. ;)

josey said:
Yeah I thought the same thing when I heard Fev was being punted.

Perhaps we can hope that some of our stars will seem cheap in comparison.

Or that some trades fall through. Could be an interesting pre season draft.

rosy23 said:
As if it wasn't obvious enough in the first place tim explained he was joking here (tim if we keep this up my husband will be getting suspicious. :hihi )

Your husband? What about mine?

anyway, back to mcdud. now that it seems st kilda have binned the idea of getting him, how do we deal with him? can CC orchestrate a miracle?

Ian4 said:
anyway, back to mcdud. now that it seems st kilda have binned the idea of getting him, how do we deal with him? can CC orchestrate a miracle?

I was stunned they even considered it - McMahon is going nowhere now IMO

Ian4 said:

Was always a long, long, long shot. We are stuck with him for 1 more year. :help

GoodOne said:
I think almost 20 pages on the potential trading of McMahon says it all really.

sad but true. it appears the only realistic option is to cut our losses and pay him out

Ian4 said:
sad but true. it appears the only realistic option is to cut our losses and pay him out

that is no good, it does like like McMahon will be at Richmond in 2010!

:(

If we were willing to pay some of his wages for next year he might yet go.

Lets just hope the Saints don't use their 3rd rounder for Peake from Freo...

Fingers crossed xxxx

Just watching AFL teams on Fox and Parko said that a former Bulldog, now Tiger had a lengthy chat with Scott Clayton a few weeks back in the VFL. :clap