The Lack of Talls on Our List (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Lack of Talls on Our List (Merged)

Barnzy said:
The club has already said this season is not about wins but development. Why don't you get that through your head? Bradshaw comes in and instantly halts the development of Riewoldt and co.

Few years...what are you smoking? Bradshaw has 1 season left max 2, his body is nearly shot. Long history of injuries and it continued this preseason.

Nope. Won't happen.

Halts the development of Reiwoldt you have to be kidding - Reiwoldt in no way should be the number 1 forward ever. not having someone like Bradshaw is killing Reiwoldt.

Bradshaw has never been one to play down the ground and is a perfect player playing out of the square - great contested mark.

and as of getting it through my head - its the first time I've posted on this topic.

hindsight is a beautiful thing I agree but I have always thought we could have done a whole lot worse in getting Bradshaw - and as the year goes on - we have done a whole lot worse by not getting him.

Streak said:
So what would Bradshaw actually do for us longer term? Are you suggesting that Bradshaw might help with the development of a young team by having a target up forward?

My problem here is tht I don't think Bradshaw is that great a player. He played with a team that had 3 Brownlow medallists in the midfield and guys like Lappin and Power ramming it down his throat.

He has done OK at Sydney, but time will tell how much he has left in the tank.

For mine, the club said it wanted to go for youth and a long term development plan. I don't see how Bradshaw would have fitted into that plan, I just don't.

Well I disagree I have always thought Bradshaw has been a very good player - the only bad thing now is he would struggle playing down back as he used to do very very well, let alone as a key forward.

U2Tigers said:
Halts the development of Reiwoldt you have to be kidding - Reiwoldt in no way should be the number 1 forward ever. not having someone like Bradshaw is killing Reiwoldt.

Bradshaw has never been one to play down the ground and is a perfect player playing out of the square - great contested mark.

and as of getting it through my head - its the first time I've posted on this topic.

hindsight is a beautiful thing I agree but I have always thought we could have done a whole lot worse in getting Bradshaw - and as the year goes on - we have done a whole lot worse by not getting him.

Sorry, I just don't see the logic. Goes against everything the club has been saying/doing over the last 6+ months. Each to their own I guess.

Barnzy said:
Sorry, I just don't see the logic. Goes against everything the club has been saying/doing over the last 6+ months. Each to their own I guess.

I could agree if I saw some light up ahead ( forward in this case as we discuss Bradshaw)

last year Morton and Reiwoldt did the job. but with the new players/gameplan - they just aren't this year - who else is there? and please don't say Polak.

Poor Astbury has been played up, back and everywhere - don't say hes being developed up forward. I would love to see that kid given a set role for a few weeks on end.

I will give hardwick time - but IMO at the momnet its got to be hard for our kids to settle - to many changes and differing roles for them evey week.

U2Tigers said:
I could agree if I saw some light up ahead ( forward in this case as we discuss Bradshaw)

last year Morton and Reiwoldt did the job. but with the new players/gameplan - they just aren't this year - who else is there? and please don't say Polak.

Poor Astbury has been played up, back and everywhere - don't say hes being developed up forward. I would love to see that kid given a set role for a few weeks on end.

I will give hardwick time - but IMO at the momnet its got to be hard for our kids to settle - to many changes and differing roles for them evey week.

I get what you're saying but the continual word out of DH and Richmond's mouths (and we've heard it a lot) is there will be no shortcuts. I don't understand why after saying all that you think we would go and recruit Bradshaw. If that did happen I'd be dirty on them for not backing themselves and making the same mistakes we've seen in the past.

U2Tigers said:
Well I disagree I have always thought Bradshaw has been a very good player - the only bad thing now is he would struggle playing down back as he used to do very very well, let alone as a key forward.

Fair enough.

Barnzy said:
I get what you're saying but the continual word out of DH and Richmond's mouths (and we've heard it a lot) is there will be no shortcuts. I don't understand why after saying all that you think we would go and recruit Bradshaw. If that did happen I'd be dirty on them for not backing themselves and making the same mistakes we've seen in the past.

I could understand - buit what key forward are they developing - if its reiwoldt then I'm worried.

2 positions for mine we need to get ready made - A key forward but even more a ready made decent ruck ( overpay if we have to - as I've said a bit)

we're not developing any now IMO.

U2Tigers said:
I could understand - buit what key forward are they developing - if its reiwoldt then I'm worried.

2 positions for mine we need to get ready made - A key forward but even more a ready made decent ruck ( overpay if we have to - as I've said a bit)

Great, then lets get an up and coming ready made forward rather than one that's over 30 and winding down. We need to focus on players who are going to be in our next tilt at success, no short-term fixes. It is no coincidence that all of Bradshaw, Hall and Fevola (older key forwards) ended up a clubs vying for top 4 positions and a tilt at the premiership.

U2Tigers said:

more important than a ruck is a FB and/or CHB. we leak goals like an overflowing yarra river. FB and FF is what we need ready made or vfl. we cant develop key posi players for shyte!!!

Bradshaw is 31, put a 3 year deal @ $500+k per year on his head in the PSD
Never was a good fit for us, glad we didn't take him