The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

If that was us. We would have been fined, told to pull our heads in.

Reactions: 1 user
Concussion assessment for all clubs. Players to be taken from the field. HIA 5 minute test or SCAT6 20 minute test. If positive, remains off the field and enters afl Concussion Protocols.

Geelong players.
Doctor or boot studder , “Jizza, you need to come off for a concussion assessment”
Jizza, “*smile* off mum, I’m not going to school today”
Doctor or bootstudder returns 4 minutes later “Jizza, you need to come off to get checked out”
Jizza “Sorry Joel you didn’t duck me quick enough”
Doctor or bootstudder “Jizza is ok, he’s passed all the tests”

afl. Good to see you’re looking after players welfare. Umpires get down and see what Mr Scott’s concerns are. And tell us how you found that many free kicks for Port. Keep it up and we’re docking your pay and you’ll be umpiring Clarko’s team for a few weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

On the AFL website​

Umpire bosses meet with Scott after Friday night criticism​

The AFL meets with Chris Scott after the Geelong coach criticised the umpiring on Friday night.

THE AFL's new umpires' boss met with Chris Scott on Monday afternoon after the Cats coach slammed some current rule interpretations after his side's shock loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night.
The story continues…………..THE AFL's new umpires' boss met with Chris Scott on Monday afternoon after the Cats coach slammed some current rule interpretations after his side's shock loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night, where Scott proceeded the tear him a new one and demanded to know why his charges didn’t do their jobs properly and give the cats more obvious advantages during the match. After half an hour of spewing a vindictive diatribe , Scott’s voice started to falter. Taking advantage of the break in the stream of abuse, the new umpires boss quickly prostrated himself at Scott’s feet and begged for his forgiveness, vowing it will never happen again. Scott then said, you don’t need to convince me, you need to convince your boss. At that, he turned to leave, opened the door. The figure of SHocking loomed large in the doorway. The look of abject terror washed over the umpires boss’s face, “ oh god, no. Please no” he was heard pleading as the door closed.
Meanwhile, Richmond quietly questioned the AFL about the umpiring decisions and non decisions against them this year. The AFL fined them $100,000 and stripped them of the premiership points they have this year.

The story continues…………..THE AFL's new umpires' boss met with Chris Scott on Monday afternoon after the Cats coach slammed some current rule interpretations after his side's shock loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night, where Scott proceeded the tear him a new one and demanded to know why his charges didn’t do their jobs properly and give the cats more obvious advantages during the match. After half an hour of spewing a vindictive diatribe , Scott’s voice started to falter. Taking advantage of the break in the stream of abuse, the new umpires boss quickly prostrated himself at Scott’s feet and begged for his forgiveness, vowing it will never happen again. Scott then said, you don’t need to convince me, you need to convince your boss. At that, he turned to leave, opened the door. The figure of SHocking loomed large in the doorway. The look of abject terror washed over the umpires boss’s face, “ oh god, no. Please no” he was heard pleading as the door closed.
Meanwhile, Richmond quietly questioned the AFL about the umpiring decisions and non decisions against them this year. The AFL fined them $100,000 and stripped them of the premiership points they have this year.
Said it before. SHocking is the IL PADRINO at this corrupt league.

I’m sure other clubs are just as annoyed by this as we are.

On the concussion protocol issue, it’s working exactly as intended. It gives room for the AFL to look after clubs they like and punish others. The discretion allows them to kick along the narrative where necessary…or not.

Reactions: 7 users
We have been too meek calling out the free kicks issue - or more to the point what we don't get paid. The precedent is now there. FFS Tiges voice the questions!!!

Reactions: 1 users
We have been too meek calling out the free kicks issue - or more to the point what we don't get paid. The precedent is now there. FFS Tiges voice the questions!!!
Maybe we have and kept getting shoved while the Pussies always get royal service.

Unbelievable umps made special effort to go to Sardine Park to talk to Salty Scott and explain their umpiring decisions
The Pussies won free kick count 19 - 17 Port and they still whinge

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Unbelievable umps made special effort to go to Sardine Park to talk to Salty Scott and explain their umpiring decisions
The Pussies won free kick count 19 - 17 Port and they still whinge
They went to him?! Seriously?

I was going to say that can't be right, but this is the AFL we're talking about.

On the AFL website​

Umpire bosses meet with Scott after Friday night criticism​

The AFL meets with Chris Scott after the Geelong coach criticised the umpiring on Friday night.

THE AFL's new umpires' boss met with Chris Scott on Monday afternoon after the Cats coach slammed some current rule interpretations after his side's shock loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night.

Gee, sense of entitlement or what?

Do we ever get the chance to lambast the maggots given the treatment we get?

DS

Reactions: 2 users
They went to him?! Seriously?

I was going to say that can't be right, but this is the AFL we're talking about.
Reported on 7news umpire boss and coach went to Geelong and spent 1hr with Salty
It’s disgraceful he should’ve been fined for criticism of umpiring instead they’re kissing his *smile*

• Angry
Reported on 7news umpire boss and coach went to Geelong and spent 1hr with Salty
It’s disgraceful he should’ve been fined for criticism or umpiring instead they’re kissing his *smile*
So Scott has sent the umpires dept a 'please explain'.

Words fail me.

Reactions: 3 users
So Scott has sent the umpires dept a 'please explain'.

Words fail me.
They probably ran to him when they saw he was upset at his after game press conference
Corruption is AFL middle name
Pussies play GC this week GC will be lucky to get a free per quarter

Hard 2 believe this pompous Geelong hack can say & do as he sees fit & AFL just pander 2 his whinging. Surely other clubs shud send a please explain to headquarters.

Reactions: 3 users
Might be good time to start now. Although I wouldn’t be holding my breath waiting for a knock on the door.
When Mick Malloy mentioned umpiring on the Front Bar to Laura Kane he was laughed at it was treated as a joke and they quickly moved on

Reactions: 1 user
McBurney only started 2 weeks ago. Laura said on the Front Bar that she had to fix the umpiring dept. I actually see this as a positive.

Apparently McBurney was interviewed on 3aw on Saturday and acknowledged some of the issues we highlight with the umpires and decisions and said the target is to get a revised approach in 2025 not mid-season. I didn't hear the interview but one of the group I attend with did and this is part of what he told the four of us that watch the games together.

So changing and engaging is the right approach. Actually highlights how poor the leadership and governance of the umpiring and rules has become.

Reactions: 2 users