The definitive leadership poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The definitive leadership poll

Who would you prefer to be Prime Minister..if you had to have one of them?

• Julia Gillard

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Kevin Rudd

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
mld said:
Well, 71 to 31.

They were certainly waiting for Rudd with baseball bats. Must have felt good to have an opponent they could get a touch on.

ABC, H/S and The Age websites are all reporting 73-29. Is that incorrect?

How far has politics fallen in this country ?

Our choice to replace this disfuctional Government is Tony Abbott. ???

btw its Labor not Labour everyone.

Massive Tiger said:
U2, it's not really about voting ALP, it's more about the leadership at the moment. Who would you vote for given this choice or is there a third ALPer we haven't thought of?
I still can't decide. I probably dislike Juliar less, but that's not saying much for her.

U2Tigers said:
I still can't decide. I probably dislike Juliar less, but that's not saying much for her.

No offence U2, but Juliar?
repeating something Alan Jones says is not really a sign of intelligence in my opinion.

and yes Gillard is the first politician to say one thing then do another.

Brodders17 said:

Did she break a promise, or a core promise ? There is a a difference apparently.

Brodders17 said:

The first politician to do that? What an intrepid trail blazer Julia must be going where no politician has dared before. :blah

Baloo said:
Did she break a promise, or a core promise ? There is a a difference apparently.

i cant remember. it may have only been a non-core promise, as with a former long-serving PM. She may have promised she would stand down to allow her deputy to be PM as the same PM did.
She may constantly doctor her words, as in totally contradict herself, as the current leader of another party does.
she may have promised tax cuts, using the word LAW as another Labor PM did,
or she may have said no child will be living in poverty by a certain date, then been nowhere near achieving that as another PM did.

or she may have 'promised' something in the lead up to an election, then in government done something different, as pretty much every politician does at some point.

but anyway, ignoring those things, it is oh so witty, and insightful, to call her Juliar. I wonder if Alan Jones was paid to call her that?

Sintiger said:

Which is wrong on their part. They started out spelling it the correct way until an American-born member convinced them to to drop U in favour of the dumbed-down seppo spelling.

Personally, I choose to spell it the original & correct way, regardless.

Haha I'm sure Australia, and the RFC, would struggle to run without us constantly putting in our two bobs worth about anything and everything.

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
Which is wrong on their part. They started out spelling it the correct way until an American-born member convinced them to to drop U in favour of the dumbed-down seppo spelling.

Personally, I choose to spell it the original & correct way, regardless.
Its now been 90 years since the ALP has adopted Labor so I am not sure your one man protest will make a major difference.
But go for it if you like.

mld said:
Now Arbib is resiging as a minister and senator. One 'faceless man' down.

Beat me to it. He says it's a) to help mend the rift and b) for personal reasons. Pretty damn surprising either way.

in the few hours since the vote, the labor party has said and done all the right things as far as i can tell.
hopefully, with many fingers crossed, this will continue.

Sintiger said:

btw, it's "it's".

Sintiger said:
Its now been 90 years since the ALP has adopted Labor so I am not sure your one man protest will make a major difference.
But go for it if you like.

and again.

Forget a week is a long time in politics, 3 days is a long time. Suddenly the ALP are looking a bit relaxed and the Libs look a bit flustered. A few pundits are even saying JG might be able to pull it out of the fire, didn't see that coming.

Brodders17 said:
in the few hours since the vote, the labor party has said and done all the right things as far as i can tell.
hopefully, with many fingers crossed, this will continue.

tigersnake said:
Forget a week is a long time in politics, 3 days is a long time. Suddenly the ALP are looking a bit relaxed and the Libs look a bit flustered. A few pundits are even saying JG might be able to pull it out of the fire, didn't see that coming.

Reckon a few posters need to take the blinkers off and prepare themsleves for the inevitable