The definitive leadership poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The definitive leadership poll

Who would you prefer to be Prime Minister..if you had to have one of them?

• Julia Gillard

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Kevin Rudd

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Julia hands down for me. What a sad state of affairs. I hope it's settled soon and both parties can and the relentless sniping and bickering and work together to make a better country for us all.

You should have Howard as the 3rd option...he would blow these 2 clowns out of the water.

Rudd the phoney who was kicked out by his own party and is hated by the caucus against JuLiar "we won't have a carbon tax" Gillard who is hated by the mjority of the Australian people.

I told you all prior the 2007 election that the ALP are a joke of a party run by unions and factions that would ultimately destroy this country if left in power too long...unfortunately not many people listened and hence the farce we are facing now.

Next election, please, vote someone else apart from this ALP/Greens circus...if not for yourselves...for the rest of us, o.k?

Thank you.

Liverpool said:
You should have Howard as the 3rd option...he would blow these 2 clowns out of the water.

Rudd the phoney who was kicked out by his own party and is hated by the caucus against JuLiar "we won't have a carbon tax" Gillard who is hated by the mjority of the Australian people.

I told you all prior the 2007 election that the ALP are a joke of a party run by unions and factions that would ultimately destroy this country if left in power too long...unfortunately not many people listened and hence the farce we are facing now.

Next election, please, vote someone else apart from this ALP/Greens circus...if not for yourselves...for the rest of us, o.k?

Thank you.

Welcome back Red Devil!

Can't agree with Howard - he was a political opportunist - if you said Frazer I would say yes that man knew how to lead. Ever since then we have had one political opportunist after another. Maybe Keating was a strong leader too but his disdain for the protocols of the lower house floor left a bad aroma around him.

You are right in that we do need a leader - can't see one on the horizon either........

rosy23 said:
Julia hands down for me. What a sad state of affairs. I hope it's settled soon and both parties can and the relentless sniping and bickering and work together to make a better country for us all.

yep, reckon the government, the party and the nation are all bridesmaids to the two of them at the moment. More definitive than a vote would be for Gillard and Rudd to mutate into colossusi and fight it out Godzilla vs King Ghidorah style through the city streets.

The failed priest and his hyenas must be cackling away hardly able to believe their luck!

…and what’s all this flim flam about Rudd being the peoples’ choice? Don’t know anyone who can stomach the man any more than the prospect of road kill for dinner.

Poll wise, I'd vote for Gillard because until proven otherwise, at least she of the two, is not known to have ever fed on her own ear wax during question time.

Liverpool, your time is near. The failed priest is coming.

Welcome back Livers, you've been sadly missed.
A strong leader? where's the option for Idi Amin? He'd eat these 2 clowns

I voted Gillard but not with any conviction. I think she is a master negotiator which probably made her an excellent deputy. She lacks any sense of oratory when speaking officially but is quite engaging when things are less formal. I think she has done very well in very difficult circumstances and I don't buy Rudd's matryrdom routine. He has been plotting in the background to make the PM's job as impossible as he can. All ego if you ask me.

Part of the problem though is that the people think of the PM as a Presidential figure. They are the head of the government, and entirely functional post. They are the head bureaucrat. Until we have a republic with popular elections there will be conceptual divide between what voters feel they are voting for and the actually business of the parliament. IMO.

In isolation, Gillard easily, despite her faults.

Rudd speaks well, but was dysfunctional as a leader and there's no evidence he's changed. He has the better chance of keeping Abbott out at the moment because he's relatively popular, but what sort of shambles of a government would he deliver?

Gillard has proven to be a good leader but has lost the battle for the hearts and minds of the electorate. Unfortunately with Rudd always looming she has little chance of recovering lost ground.

It's obvious Labor is gone. The question is whether they can put enough pressure on the opposition before the election to prepare them for government. Maybe Rudd is better in that role?

As someone said today, I'd vote for Mickey Mouse ahead of Gillard. Therefore, Rudd.

rosy23 said:
I hope it's settled soon and both parties can and the relentless sniping and bickering and work together to make a better country for us all.

Labor needs to work out what it stands for. It no longer represents mainstream Australia.

The most interesting part of this challenge is that Rudd launched the most effective attack on Abbott since well before the last election.

This really is more evidence that Rudd isn't a Labor man, imagine taking time to have a shot at the opposition when there are Labor people to fight.

rosy23 said:

Agree on all counts. But I sure am worried about where we are headed with the current lot of duds, both the Govt and the opposition.

mld said:
The most interesting part of this challenge is that Rudd launched the most effective attack on Abbott since well before the last election.

This really is more evidence that Rudd isn't a Labor man, imagine taking time to have a shot at the opposition when there are Labor people to fight.

;D loving your work ATM.

U2Tigers said:
I can't vote for either.

Well i could never vote Labour at any time.

U2, it's not really about voting ALP, it's more about the leadership at the moment. Who would you vote for given this choice or is there a third ALPer we haven't thought of?

Certainly an intriguing case of Labour Party politics.

Rudd doesn't seem to understand that he was only given the Labour Party leadership in 2007 because he was a figurehead that could deliver a Federal election win. He was never going to retain the leadership because he was factionally unaligned. The Labour Party factions were always going to push their faction leaders up, once government had been attained. They merely waited a couple of years till their timing was right.

Personally, Rudd has made a political mistake entering Gillard's invitation to do battle this morning.

Strategy Rule 1 - Never fight a battle where your opponent picks the location and timing of the battlefield.

There is one of my favourite dialogues from the battle of Gettysburg that supports Strategy Rule 1.
After winning a tactical advantage at the end of day one, Confederate Gen. Longstreet suggests that the Conf. army moves to the left and re-positions itself between the Union army and its capital, Washington DC. The commanding Conf. Gen. Lee rebuffs him.
Gen Lee: If the Union Gen Meade is still there with his army in the morning I will fight him there.
Gen Longstreet: If Gen Meade is still there in the morning, it's because he wants to fight there.
Two days later, Gen Meade had contested and won the greatest battle ever on American soil, while Gen Lee lost one third of his army fighting from a disadvantaged position.

Rudd should not have nominated for the leadership spill that Gillard chose to have today. He should have waited in the wings and slowly picked off Gillard's advantage through attrition. Gillard's loss at the next election would have left the leadership door wide open for him.

From this, Rudd speaks well but his strategic awareness is poor.

Who wing from today - Gillard until the next Federal election.

The BIG winners - Shorten, Combet & Conroy, who by disposing of Rudd, get one step closer to the Labour leadership.

Can't wait for the future Labour leadership battles between Shorten, Combet & Conroy in the future.

Congratulations Julia. 73-29 is a comprehensive flogging. Says a bit about Rudd's behaviour behind the scenes and how respected Gillard is by those in the know.

Well, 71 to 31.

They were certainly waiting for Rudd with baseball bats. Must have felt good to have an opponent they could get a touch on.

rosy23 said:
Congratulations Julia. 73-29 is a comprehensive flogging. Says a bit about Rudd's behaviour behind the scenes and how respected Gillard is by those in the know

Are you referring to the labour caucus? :eek: