The Bounce! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Bounce!

Think Qld must be a Bounce-Free zone, thank you :mad:, thank you :mad:, thank you :mad:

On at 12.30am, must be a family show afterall - :p

The job they did on stitching up Stelle Sidebottom was pretty funny. I'll give them that, not sure of the rest though. Lethal looked weird sitting next to Richo. He looked like a hand puppet with a shirt that was way too big for him. Give it time.

Harry said:
joke. chanel 7 should stick to home and away.

Hellier should have stuck with 10's after the game.
yeah it was pretty bad, quite a few "jokes" fell flat with no audience response at all. Still...I cannot stand that "after the game" show because of the massive pro Carlton bias from that little punk that hosts it.

The bits I saw looked OK....Richo performed well...Hellier was pretty funny....Lethal is always incisive.....beats the crap out of the very tired looking Footy Show on Ch9....I honestly don't understand the point of the Footy Show..,....It tries to be a comedy...but they got rid of the only genuine wit on the show when they dumped Trevor Marmalade...so it doesn't succeed on that front....Yet neither is it a show where any serious footy is discussed....as any serious discussion always has Sam Newman in the background trying to get into the picture and straining hard (and usually unsuccessfully) to eke some humour out of everything....Time it was gonged....Bring on the new breed

Tigers of Old said:
With Helliar as the head it's doomed. Lost interest before Richo even showed up.

He should be the gimmick guy, not host!

Get a better host and it has some potential.

But it is what it is. Aimed at families, light hearted and a bit of fun. Take it for what it is. Just another show that gives us our footy fix in a small way.

Tigerbob said:
He should be the gimmick guy, not host!

Get a better host and it has some potential.

But it is what it is. Aimed at families, light hearted and a bit of fun. Take it for what it is. Just another show that gives us our footy fix in a small way.

Second that too!

Richo and Lethal talking about the teams I thought was ok the last set up with Sidebottom was also ok but other than those the show was rubbish and will need a lot of work to make it through the season.

Also they had a show called 4 quarters, I remember Freezer being a semi regular.

Disco Stu said:
Also they had a show called 4 quarters, I remember Freezer being a semi regular.

I used to love that show! It was actually pretty enjoyable, but back then I was a tad young. :hihi

Kudos to a network who comes up with an actual 100% football content show.
With the popularity of Dreamteam./Supercoach comps these days,It would be far more cheaper and popular where they talk about the lineups and anything related to the Dreamteam/Supercoach comps,Than some half assed football/comedy/entertainment which was served up last night on Ch7 or the "Past used by date" footy show on 9.

Not bad......Thought Lethal and the big Fella were good, type of footy show you watch while having a beer and pizza, while surfing the net

Thought it was quite ok.

Would you rather watch repeats of Better Homes & Gardens?

Any footy watching is good for me.

B1

I couldn't get past how cheap the show looked. The set was terribly cardboard looking. The graphics were awful. That they had to have Richo sit next to Lethal and Pete showed poor planning too.
I though it looked second rate.

67 special said:
The bits I saw looked OK....Richo performed well...Hellier was pretty funny....Lethal is always incisive.....beats the crap out of the very tired looking Footy Show on Ch9....I honestly don't understand the point of the Footy Show..,....It tries to be a comedy...but they got rid of the only genuine wit on the show when they dumped Trevor Marmalade...so it doesn't succeed on that front....Yet neither is it a show where any serious footy is discussed....as any serious discussion always has Sam Newman in the background trying to get into the picture and straining hard (and usually unsuccessfully) to eke some humour out of everything....Time it was gonged....Bring on the new breed

I agree all the way with you and to add that Gary Lyon should talk louder I just can't hear him most ot the time.