The best thing about today's win against the eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The best thing about today's win against the eagles

Well, I don't know about THE best things, but I'll list a coupel of things I really really enjoyed (apart fropm Jack's 10 which go without saying)...

The goal where Martin gave a great don't argue out of the pack, snapped truly and Nason shepparded strongly for it to bounce through. Ripper play all round.

Dan Conners good old fashioned blind turn off a tackle and out of the centre to get a clearance into the forward line. That was a corker!

Oh yeah... and the goal where Matt White weighted his kick for Nason to run onto and goal. Excellent reading of the play by both players and a real air punching moment.

Sir said:
C'mon 'Tigers of Old' - it's not harsh.

It's the next step - the best step. True superiority.

I was really proud years ago when we started handing out balls.

Did we initiate it? I seem to recall we did. :clap

But the key to the gesture - is the sincerity behind it.

Hand it out and then run off - score 7 out of 10.

Hand it out and engage with the individual - a lock of eyes - a personal comment - 10 out of 10.

There really is no argument.

It is part of our club's future is we wish to ascend across the spectrum.

Like I said.,

BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.

Not talking about any individual - BUT - if Brendan Gale says to every player:

a. You must run out to the boundary and hand a ball across to a future supporter,

then how hard is it to add:

b. you must pause - look them in the eye - and add sincerity to the gesture.

?????????

Not harsh (especially after such a great win)

PROFESSIONAL.

Im sure the post game hand outs to kids was a TW idea & something like that has been mentioned before when a few players began kicking the balls into the crowd. They were told to hand it over to the kid to make the moment special for them. What Sir says might be ideal but lets no get carried away as someone else said most of these guys are in their early 20's or even teens & I doubt id have thought too hard about that 10yrs ago.