The best thing about today's win against the eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The best thing about today's win against the eagles

Scribblar said:
The best thing about today's win against the eagles?

The desire by most of the team, most of the time, to want to move the ball forward and not cheat and look for the easy lazy give off to a team-mate backwards.

well said & would add to support each other out there. They have belief in themselves as a "team"

Ian4 said:
i guess one day i'll have to do one for the team. just gotto find a worthy egg donor first.
no quality candidates at your dawn psychadelic trance parties?

in response to the OP's topic. The best thing for me was simply being there. To actually be at the G for a win like that with the very tasty side dish of a 10 goal haul....well it was magic

Sir said:
He ha ha he he he ;)

It's the very mediocrity you condone - that has left us where we have been for thirty years.

It's exactly why I have faith that a man like Brendan Gale will take the players aside and make the point to them:

BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.

Not - throw peanut - and the monkeys will be happy.

C'mon Tigers of Old.

You must be very happy with 'average'. ;)
So Sir, you saw what every one of the 22 players did as they handed over the footballs, did you? I'm front row by the Umpires' race in the AFL Members and Jake King makes eye contact, smiles and says something as he hands over the footy to the 8 year old girl on her father's shoulders - part of a group of three little girls who had barracked their magnificent little hearts out for the yellow and black all day. I'd suggest that every player mature enough and self-confident enough would have done something very similar. However, there are a lot of young men out there who are little more than boys and the ability to engage with their supporters may take a little time and positive encouragement.

Yet, with the use of "You must be very happy with 'average'" and "It's over your head", I'm guessing that taking "a little time and positive encouragement" just isn't your style.

Perhaps "being the best you can be" includes not belittling someone who mildly takes issue with your post.

Sir said:
He ha ha he he he ;)

It's the very mediocrity you condone - that has left us where we have been for thirty years.

It's exactly why I have faith that a man like Brendan Gale will take the players aside and make the point to them:

BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.

C'mon Tigers of Old.

lol. Oh the drama.

I recall there being much drama when the players in a Grand Final win did not acknowledge the kids much who were handing out the medals.

After all the ruck-us the players the next year all seemed to thank the kids a lot.

Wonder if the media will be onto our players as much as the players in the grand final. I think not.

Hopefully the players will all be the best they can when next we win.

Sir said:
He ha ha he he he ;)

BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE.

C'mon Tigers of Old.

Think you've gone a bit far with your last line and also your 'superior" attitude in your line about over his head in your next post - the players are not there to hand out footys to children at the end of the game, they are there to win a game of footy. I'd prefer their best be focused on the game. Ideally everyone would be the best they can be all the time but I bet your kids aren't always the best they can be. As TOO pointed out a kid getting a footy would be wrapt regardless of the firmness of the handshake, the cuddle, the admiring stare or whatever else you wanted on top. Bet most kids wouldn't remember who even gave them the footy. You've probably spoilt the kids day by pointing out the faults of the player giving them the ball. ::)

clown said:
Yeah took my little 3yr old for her first game today she seed to like it and her eyes just seemed to be amazed by it all. She clapped and cheered when we scored and even asked me to buy her a flag which i was quiet happy to because she wont wear her tigers jumper yet, but i think that might change now that she has seen other kids in theirs.

Congrats clown and daughter!
Can I make a suggestion? (Of course you may have already decided to do this).

Keep a copy of the Footy Record for this game.
Also - tear out today's newspaper report of the game - and insert it in the Record.
Now store this somewhere safe.
Repeat this for every game she goes to.
In 50 years when she is taking her kids/grandkids to the footy - she'll have a sensational collection.

I live in WA and tipped the tiges for the first time this year. Apparently there are no Eagles supporters in WA now!!! LMAO

Ben Griffiths has a 100% win ratio.

Could he be the next Joel Selwood with an unusually high win ratio?? ;D

Could he??

Must have been 'bring your kids to the footy for the first time' week. I took my 2 x 3yo's too. They were mesmerised by it all. But managed to get a couple of 'Go Tigers' out of them.

Bennnny said:
Young Richmond supporters will be able to wear their Richmond jumpers with pride this week.

At school they can all be Jack.

Did you notice the large number of kids at the race at the end of the game?

to right

Bennnny said:
Young Richmond supporters will be able to wear their Richmond jumpers with pride this week.

At school they can all be Jack.

Did you notice the large number of kids at the race at the end of the game?

My 3 year old (funny enough named Jack) wore his Tiger cap and scarf to daycare this morning.
Needless to say Dad was very proud!

B1

Think we should go easy on the boys for the way they deliver a signed footy to a youngster after a win.

Let's face it - they haven't had much practice! ;)