Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

nut

Tiger Cub
Jan 12, 2003
Pick one Please.

If we dont than we will be the laughing stock of the AFL until he retires. I'm so sure he is the best available. With out a doubt.

The worst thing is if we dont take him he'll end up at the Hawks. Which will really Pi$$ me OFF.

Miller Pick Tambling, from what I've heard ( from the mouth of Maurice rioli), and what Ive seen he is the real deal. Probably the best thing to came out of the NT. Which says alot about how good he is. ( Rioli,Buckley, Long, White, D.Rioli.......) Got nothing on him.

Please. I begg.

I'm sick of Bigfooty, always to Busy.

Re: Tambling must pick 1

nut said:
Pick one Please.

If we dont than we will be the laughing stock of the AFL until he retires. I'm so sure he is the best available. With out a doubt.

The worst thing is if we dont take him he'll end up at the Hawks. Which will really Pi$$ me OFF.

Miller Pick Tambling, from what I've heard ( from the mouth of Maurice rioli), and what Ive seen he is the real deal. Probably the best thing to came out of the NT. Which says alot about how good he is. ( Rioli,Buckley, Long, White, D.Rioli.......) Got nothing on him.

Please. I begg.

I'm sick of Bigfooty, always to Busy.

Hi there Nutbag, good to have you with us. I have read many of your posts over on Bigfooty and like what you have to say. I am so unsure about who we should pick with pick 1. It worries me that if we pick Deledio then Tambling will become the gun and vice-versa. I guess it is years of stuffed up draft picks making me nervous. Regardless of who we pick I will just have to trust that Miller and Wallace know what they are doing. I know that Wallace watched all of the games in the Carnival and Miller has seen extensive TAC games so I guess we just have to trust them.
Cheers Jayfox.

P.S. Does Tambling's weight worry you at all?

mb64 said:
I'II trust the experts (Miller & Co) on the no1 choice
Dont get me wrong I think Deliedio is probably the safest bet. But I think we need a Match winner. Tambling is the one. A player that can turn a game. A player that has enough pace to turn our whole midfield into the fastest in the comp.

His wieght is no problem, he has already played against men, like Ali said, you cant hit what you cant find. He will never be big but neither was Long, Winmar or mitchell. He is the real deal too, I've seen play and he played like a veteran, silky skilled, composed. Has played for the NT seniors and wont be there at pick 4. So we must take him No.1.

I be angry if we dont.

Too much risk that he'll be another Fiora, he was also a very highly rated lightweight junior midfielder
We all know how that turned out

Stu said:
Too much risk that he'll be another Fiora, he was also a very highly rated lightweight junior midfielder
We all know how that turned out

Difference is that Tambling will probably go down in AFL history as the quickest player ever.

Davey has nothing on him, and look at the impact he had on the Melbourne Football club, remember they had a priority and were in the same position we were in.

When I hear people talk of Tambling, I can't help reminding myself of Michael Mitchell.
Didn't he take that "freakish" mark on some players head?

Mitchell took some exciting marks & kicked some fantastic goals for Richmond, but if my memory serves me correct, didn't he finish with massive head injuries.

The reason for this? Well simple. The opposition quickly decided that the only way to stop Mitchell, was to hit him hard. His pace droped off and for a player with little muscle, refused to get the hard ball!

nut said:
Difference is that Tambling will probably go down in AFL history as the quickest player ever.

Think back at all the really great players in comp over the last 10 years and I'm struggling to think of one that had blistering pace.

While its nice to have quick players there are far more important attributes to look for in a good footballer.

Deledio is only 3 hundredths of a second slower over 20m
Tambling didn't set the record either, that goes to Moran the ruckman up in Queensland
Granted AFL football isn't only 20m sprints, but it gives you a pretty good idea about their pace

Well all I'll say is if we dont get him, we will regret it. And I'll say it now, you will all regret it. Two years time he will be awsome.

selecting draftees involves a lot more than worring about how good the one that wasn't selected might be . deledio has delivered the goods at the draft camp and during the tac season.tambling had equaly as good draft camp but has only played in the nt. he was the standout player in div 2 but wasn't exposed to the higher competition in div 1.i hope we pick up deledio as no 1 pick as you know he will be a great player ,tambling on the other hand has too many doubts attatched to him. sure he will be an exitement machine but i belive inconsistantly , wereas deledio will be a consistant deliverer of peformances.

nut said:
Well all I'll say is if we dont get him, we will regret it. And I'll say it now, you will all regret it. Two years time he will be awsome.
we could say the same if we dont take deledio.deledio is by far the best credentialled kid in the draft.

From what I hear it's the other way around... Tambling is very consistent and has proven this over at least two seasons by winning best player in his division at the under age carnivals. Deledio seems more inconsistent and as Phantom put it, he'll be a great player when given consistent supply of the ball. If there's nobody getting the ball to him he appears to taper off a little bit. Again it's a tough call but I'm officially lobbying for Tambling now if anyone cares.

the claw said:
we could say the same if we dont take deledio.deledio is by far the best credentialled kid in the draft.

Well I saw him play against the Bulldogs at the begining of the year when the NT almost won.
He was better than the Motlops, he was better than Cooney and warren Fay(?), he looked better than most players on the ground.

I'll take what maurice Rioli said to me over any so called credentials. " good head on him"

Tambling is the real deal.

I'm suprised the Bombers didn't try to hide him.

We need to take a risk on a player that will take risks and will win games.

yandb said:
selecting draftees involves a lot more than worring about how good the one that wasn't selected might be .

I'm sure Hawthorn felt the same thing on Brownlow night.

nut said:

Hey Nut, what are the tatt's numbers for this coming Saturday?  

Deledio for mine.  

'Stu

DiscoStu said:
nut said:

Hey Nut, what are the tatt's numbers for this coming Saturday?

Deledio for mine.

'Stu

1, 4, 12, 16, 20, 32

Can't remember where it was posted but someone has said that Tambling has already been told that he will not be taken with pick 1 in the draft.....Sorry.

If we pick tambling with pick 1 in another 2 yrs we will regret not getting deledio