Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

I know its something to do with the algorithms. I remember reading an article about it a while ago. Sky News gets more significantly clicks with news reports on YouTube than the actual Sky News channel as their news clips always appear at the top of peoples recommendation lists.

The likely same applies to Twitter going by the way Elon skews his algorithms and overseas based RW bots.
Yep. Algorithms and paying for placements.

It is far from any type of balanced business model.

So the toothless wonder known as the ACCC is going after Coles and Woolworths.

It appears they have been bullshitting about their price drops.

One example on the news was that they increased the price of a packet of biscuits from $3.50 to $5.00, the price rise lasted 22 days and then they claimed prices were down permanently when they dropped the price back to $4.50.

So, can we now get the dumbfuck neo-classicals at the Reserve Bank to admit that inflation is not caused by some mythical excess aggregate demand, that a wage-price spiral they claim we should all be scared of is BS and finally realise that it is the sellers who are raising prices? I suppose not, they are in thrall to an economic theory which bears no relationship to reality.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
It is the subtle price increases where they make their buck. An item might cost $5.25 then three months later is upped to $5.40 when the cost of the item has only risen 5 cents if that. I cook up a Beef stir fry & use a Beef Scotch Fillet thin cut 800gm & was $16.00 . Bought it last week up to $17.00.

So the toothless wonder known as the ACCC is going after Coles and Woolworths.

It appears they have been bullshitting about their price drops.

One example on the news was that they increased the price of a packet of biscuits from $3.50 to $5.00, the price rise lasted 22 days and then they claimed prices were down permanently when they dropped the price back to $4.50.

So, can we now get the dumbfuck neo-classicals at the Reserve Bank to admit that inflation is not caused by some mythical excess aggregate demand, that a wage-price spiral they claim we should all be scared of is BS and finally realise that it is the sellers who are raising prices? I suppose not, they are in thrall to an economic theory which bears no relationship to reality.

DS
The supermarkets have been lying about prices ? Who would’ve thought?

ALP floating the idea of changes to negative gearing and CGT again.
Strap yourself in
It is entirely possible that this is deliberate to test the temperature of the electorate to the idea. It is also possible that they will take some changes to the next election.
Could be a fun watch

Last edited:
Strap yourself in
It is entirely possible that this is deliberate to test the temperature of the electorate to the idea. It is also possible that they will take some changes to the next election.
Could be a fun idea watch

kites-flying-pics-1024X768.jpg

DS

Strap yourself in
Could be a fun idea watch
Yes indeed.
After losing the 2016 and 2019 with changes to negative gearing CGT as their policy, it's surprising that Labor may be considering it again.
They are obviously very keen to get their shared home ownership scheme legislation passed. The Greens are adamant that they won't support the legislation without Labor scrapping negative gearing and CGT, interesting times.

Yes indeed.
After losing the 2016 and 2019 with changes to negative gearing CGT as their policy, it's surprising that Labor may be considering it again.
They are obviously very keen to get their shared home ownership scheme legislation passed. The Greens are adamant that they won't support the legislation without Labor scrapping negative gearing and CGT, interesting times.
Part of me wants to believe that they are considering it because it is the right thing to do, but unfortunately I am far too cynical about political parties to actually believe that.

Reactions: 1 users
Inflation down 0.8 to 2.7% and crickets from the MSN.

But they can be as quiet as the like. The coming interest rate cuts will guarantee re-election for Albo.

Labor didn’t lose 2019 because of their negative gearing policy. They lost 2019 due to the biggest disinformation campaign in Australian political History.

But anyway, the climate has changed since 2019. Even if you believe the negative gearing/CGT policies were unpopular in 2019, they will be accepted by many more people now. Especially when you compare it to the LNP’s insane housing policy (allowing people to access super for home deposits).

Reactions: 3 users

But they can be as quiet as the like. The coming interest rate cuts will guarantee re-election for Albo.

Labor didn’t lose 2019 because of their negative gearing policy. They lost 2019 due to the biggest disinformation campaign in Australian political History.

But anyway, the climate has changed since 2019. Even if you believe the negative gearing/CGT policies were unpopular in 2019, they will be accepted by many more people now. Especially when you compare it to the LNP’s insane housing policy (allowing people to access super for home deposits).
They lost 2016 because of Bill. Ladies did not like him so Albo better watch out as he is on the nose with them.

• Haha
They lost 2016 because of Bill. Ladies did not like him so Albo better watch out as he is on the nose with them.

You have the memory of a goldfish. No one gave Labor a chance in 2016, but they won 14 seats and fell just short.

And if you think females don't like Albo, wait til your hear about what they think of Dutton.

Yes, let's hope so.

Potato Head Dutton is far more disliked by women believe me. So if that's why Labor lost in 2016 the Libs will be decimated with PHD as leader.

Not to stir up @DavidSSS but my mate at work said rich people will just use family trusts and companies to have negative gearing applied against income if the rules are changed.

Sort of laid out here along with putting it in super to avoid cgt by reinvesting it straight away.

Not to stir up @DavidSSS but my mate at work said rich people will just use family trusts and companies to have negative gearing applied against income if the rules are changed.

Yeah, any good capital gains reform needs to tackle the rort that family trusts, with or without corporate trustees. The property investors tax dodge vehicle of choice.

Sort of laid out here along with putting it in super to avoid cgt by reinvesting it straight away.

Probably but at least we get a reduction of the market distorting effects of negative gearing.

Went to Perth Royal Show today and on walking into the Sheep Pavilion ran smack bang into Dutton Cash & entourage who had been there talking to the farmers who have been dudded by Albo & Co. Albo was in WA the other day for 19 hours. Go near the show & meet the farmers no way. Slept with his teddy bear for 10 hours ,three hours having a tubs brekky & make up. Remainder flopping around with his back slapping mates who have knifed the farmers. Besides Dutton & Cash another notable & hero of wokism was there in the name of Natasha Petersen. The queue to shake her hand was unbelievable.

Went to Perth Royal Show today and on walking into the Sheep Pavilion ran smack bang into Dutton Cash & entourage who had been there talking to the farmers who have been dudded by Albo & Co. Albo was in WA the other day for 19 hours. Go near the show & meet the farmers no way. Slept with his teddy bear for 10 hours ,three hours having a tubs brekky & make up. Remainder flopping around with his back slapping mates who have knifed the farmers. Besides Dutton & Cash another notable & hero of wokism was there in the name of Natasha Petersen. The queue to shake her hand was unbelievable.
Thats interesting, I thought Cash was a deep fake.