Sub Rule gone!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sub Rule gone!!!

pessimistic_ said:
It'd be a much better game
I'm not sure about that. The game has sped up a lot. I could see teams regularly finishing with injured players on the field to make up the numbers. They weren't professionals back then, a lot of the grounds were crap. We see it through rose coloured glasses these days, but to quote Billy Joel 'the good ole days weren't always so good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.'

CarnTheTiges said:
I'm not sure about that. The game has sped up a lot. I could see teams regularly finishing with injured players on the field to make up the numbers. They weren't professionals back then, a lot of the grounds were crap. We see it through rose coloured glasses these days, but to quote Billy Joel 'the good ole days weren't always so good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.'

The game now is merely an ugly netball / rugby / running hybrid

CarnTheTiges said:
So why are you still watching and supporting it?

Good question. I'd have to think about it

I still support my club regardless of how ugly the sport is these days

9thPlaceTiger said:
if i thought that i'd stop watching and participating in forums.

Knitting?

With 4 I/C players; it may mean teams can revert to playing 2 genuine ruckmen.
Which tended to happen before the Sub rule.

poppa x said:
With 4 I/C players; it may mean teams can revert to playing 2 genuine ruckmen.
Which tended to happen before the Sub rule.

Almost certainly

My kingdom for a Kreuzer