Sub Rule gone!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sub Rule gone!!!

It'll be interesting to see how much it will effect a team in the late stages of a game if a player goes down in the first 5 minutes. This year you'd use a sub, and have 3 on the bench with 120 rotations for 120 minutes.

Next year you'll have 3 on the bench and 90 rotations for 120 minutes.

Tigertool said:
It'll be interesting to see how much it will effect a team in the late stages of a game if a player goes down in the first 5 minutes. This year you'd use a sub, and have 3 on the bench with 120 rotations for 120 minutes.

Next year you'll have 3 on the bench and 90 rotations for 120 minutes.

My idea was always get 5 or 6 on the bench. At least it gives more players a chance to play 1sts.

90 rotations is not going to make any difference to the game .Our second game against carlton one of pur worst wins for the year slow contested game we had 95 rotations .

Dimma says that Dusty is our most rotated player. I wonder how the club & Dusty handle it next season.

Less rotations may spell the end of the mandatory run to the bench after kicking a goal for the player that did it.

axlefoley said:
Dimma says that Dusty is our most rotated player. I wonder how the club & Dusty handle it next season.
Leave him to have a rest up forward.
I wrote about this incident a season or so back.
Dusty got a goal in the far forward pocket then ran to the bench. Just as he got there he was told to go back. So he did - which meant he'd just run about 150 metres.
Bounce of the ball - kick forward and Dusty snags another from same spot. So he ran again to the bench and this time got subbed.
He needed a rest then from all that additional unnecessary running.
Should have stayed in the pocket both times.

Another ridiculous decision from the AFL. Clearly they've forgotten what a huge disadvantage teams had when they copped an injury

Just noise to take the focus off Norf tanking

- robbo

Ian4 said:
Another ridiculous decision from the AFL. Clearly they've forgotten what a huge disadvantage teams had when they copped an injury

The interchange bench should be removed, ideally.

Ian4 said:

I can see this being the main issue next season throughout the media when clubs and coaches start complaining.

Ya just stick your injured player in the fwd pocket like the good ol' days....

Less rotations = greater reliance on athleticism

Can't go too far with IC reductions - I like watching footballers not marathoners (platonically of course)

Like the sub rule gone, didn't like a player losing form by being in the 1s

CarnTheTiges said:
KB won't be happy until it's just like the old days when we had a 19th and 20th man on the bench.

Like they had it in 67,69,73 & 74.....