Stampede | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stampede

Even though it hasn't been Shai's best year, (hardly surprising in a side that has been absolutely *smile*), but comparing him against our other rabble this is what we are losing:

Leading Goalkicker
2nd in Centre Clearances behind Taranto, (despite being stationed predominately fwd)
1st for Inside 50's, (again being stationed predominately fwd)
4th in goal assists
7th in contested possessions

Being happy for him to go to cash in on some draft picks is a fair view, (and quite a few, even the majority, on here seem to have that view too :( ), but your scathing opinion of his season is a bit of a stretch.
Said similar on another thread.

Sometimes you don't know what you have got till its gone.
I compared Bolton to Edwards a tiger who won AA as a fwd/mid and Shai stacks up to him if not better.
He not only will win the goal kicking this year but in the previous two seasons was runner up.

Even this year he would stack up very well against all fwd/mids in the game this year.

We play him forward so much simply because we have no other quality small or medium forwards. Yet people want him out the door asap it seems.
We have played him more forward this year than previous years. People do realise small forward can be a football grave yard.
If he kicked just a handful of the sitters he has missed this year we would be talking about a 40 plus goal small forward again. Thats in a team that is near last for inside fifties and won just two games.

By the way if there is a knock on his game then kicking is it he needs to work on it.

Here you are an opposition coach. You ask yourself who do we need to stop in their forward half ? easy Shai Bolton lets put our best stopper on him.
It actually happens. And there is noone there to help him. Yes he has had some quite games but he still manages in most to find a way to have some impact.
He can look a bit laconic at times and people take that for not trying. Laughable.

As i said people too often don't realise what they have until it's gone. He will be a huge loss out of our forward half and his pace and work in the midfield will be missed as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Even though it hasn't been Shai's best year, (hardly surprising in a side that has been absolutely *smile*), but comparing him against our other rabble this is what we are losing:

Leading Goalkicker
2nd in Centre Clearances behind Taranto, (despite being stationed predominately fwd)
1st for Inside 50's, (again being stationed predominately fwd)
4th in goal assists
7th in contested possessions

Being happy for him to go to cash in on some draft picks is a fair view, (and quite a few, even the majority, on here seem to have that view too :( ), but your scathing opinion of his season is a bit of a stretch.
Fair enough..
Even i agree with ya...

Im.frustrated with shai..my favorite player ..

Reactions: 1 user
The bloke is having his second child and being young and raising kids can be challenging . Having family support is totally 100% understandable .
Shai and his wife want to be back with their families..Good on him for putting his wife and kids first .Im 100% ok with that.Its not " jumping ship " at all..

But that said ,get it done tigers and get those top draft picks..

Reactions: 2 users
Although he’s young, has a young family and probably knew he was likely to have another child while contracted to RFC, I’m calling bs. If we were flying would he be looking to return home?

Not against a trade btw.

Bolton wants out. He has his reasons and good luck to him.
The sooner RFC moves on players that really don't want to put in the hard yards re-building, although they have enjoyed immense success in the Yellow and Black, the better.
I'm still a bit of a football romantic in that I reckon players owe the Club something when they have been looked after, handsomely recompensed and enjoyed the trappings of success.
It's a two-way street in my opinion but it seems my views/attitudes belong to bygone eras.
All I want is players wearing the Yellow and Black who are committed to the team ethos and the progress of the Club irrespective of where the team stands on the ladder.
It seems too many players across the competition just want to bail out when they have to do the really hard yards and success/glory seems a stretch away.
I know who I want in the trench beside me.
Front runners need not apply.

• Love
Bolton wants out. He has his reasons and good luck to him.
The sooner RFC moves on players that really don't want to put in the hard yards re-building, although they have enjoyed immense success in the Yellow and Black, the better.
I'm still a bit of a football romantic in that I reckon players owe the Club something when they have been looked after, handsomely recompensed and enjoyed the trappings of success.
It's a two-way street in my opinion but it seems my views/attitudes belong to bygone eras.
All I want is players wearing the Yellow and Black who are committed to the team ethos and the progress of the Club irrespective of where the team stands on the ladder.
It seems too many players across the competition just want to bail out when they have to do the really hard yards and success/glory seems a stretch away.
I know who I want in the trench beside me.
Front runners need not apply.
Totally agree with all this. We need players committed to the cause which is why I highlighted Nathan Broad's attitude in his recent interview in my earlier post. We do not need individuals to go forward, we need a team. If you can't take the rough with the smooth then just leave

i don't think so. we had 70,000 when we were middle of the road, even more in 2016. Richmond supporters turn up and stick with the club
In any sport, you choose a club to follow and it sticks for life. I have supported an association football club from the day I first watched them some 75 years ago and boy have they had ups and downs but they are my chosen club so I stick with them despite being frustrated at times. RFC is the same, I first watched a game in 2001 when I was on secondment in Australia and my support and subsequent membership stuck and will do until I shuffle off this land

Reactions: 6 users
The thing that *smile* me about Baker is, if the Tiges didn't pick him no. 18 in a rookie draft he might be mowing lawns around Bon Scott's grave. Thanks for your loyalty mate.
Wouldn't be that bad a job, are they still leaving sippins around Bons patch?? Quick half hour of mowin n weedin, just enough to get the throat a bit dry.

The thing that *smile* me about Baker is, if the Tiges didn't pick him no. 18 in a rookie draft he might be mowing lawns around Bon Scott's grave. Thanks for your loyalty mate.
But its ok for a club to delist or trade a player.

If we were a top 4 team. Neither of Rioli or Bolton would be leaving. They’re selfish.

• Haha
Clubs gonna lose more than 10.000 members next year anyway might lose 30,000 plus especially with the players running for the exits.
If we get Tzartitis.There's 30k from the greek community we gat back.

• Haha
I worry about DR going to the Bermuda Triangle. The money would be great but it's not a proper AFL club is it? No more MCG crowds. No more inner Melbourne life. Don't do it Dan!

• Haha

The thing that doesn't *smile* me about Baker is that we took him at no. 18 in a rookie draft where we would have minimal expectations about what levels he could achieve but he worked his guts out and became a great contributor in two flags.

If he wants to go home, and we can do a good deal, let him.

Reactions: 3 users
We have struggled in centre clearances all year but the above shows how much. Taranto missed many weeks with injury and is 1st and someone predominately a small forward is 2nd. (Hopper missed many weeks as well).

Reactions: 1 users
The thing that doesn't *smile* me about Baker is that we took him at no. 18 in a rookie draft where we would have minimal expectations about what levels he could achieve but he worked his guts out and became a great contributor in two flags.

If he wants to go home, and we can do a good deal, let him.
You say that as if we have a say in if he goes or stays. We don't.

Just stating the obvious that should be clear to all and sundry by now but obviously isn't.

By the way your welcome.