Stampede | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stampede

Really only one poor year in 8.

How long ago was it we won a flag. Oh thats right 2020.
Reckon we have been in decline since the flag thats despite a brief finals apperance that we lost. Yes we lost.
That really had everyone put the blinkers on.

Reactions: 1 user
Sadly I reckon there wil be plenty dropping off mate which is gonna be a financial kick in the nuts for the new CEO.
The new CEO has just released a statement
'We are in a rebuild stage and by 2030, we will have 80,000 members 3 wooden spoons and a partridge in a pear tree"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
The thing that *smile* me about Baker is, if the Tiges didn't pick him no. 18 in a rookie draft he might be mowing lawns around Bon Scott's grave. Thanks for your loyalty mate.
Dimma did the same. At least Baker can give us back more than what we got him for considering he’s really not going to be in our next dream team.
Dimma left us with Yze , Hopper and TT. He shafted us badly.

Remember Balmey saying before the coach selection process he thought the group needed to hear some new voices.

I guess if those senior players not enamoured of Yze don’t leave at the end of the year, we’ll know who they are next season: they’ll be playing VFL.

Reactions: 1 users
Those tough years should make us battle hardened, I know I am.
Loved our run, it was exciting, exhilarating, joyous for all of us.
The reset happened in the off season of 2020/21 the burnt out coach scenario started there.
We could have been more por active, we had 1 senior coach in waiting but we backed our premiership coach in difficult circumstances.
Was it the wrong choice, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Players have retired, lost their appetite that is plain to see.
We reload now, but as supporters we stand tall and stay true as we get ready for another hell of a
Ride Or Die Monkey GIF by FirstAndMonday

Reactions: 2 users
So at the moment no player has said they’re leaving.
There’s a lot of premature evaluation going on in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Bolton checked out as soon as it all got a wee bit to hard and he,d have to work hard...Good to see him go .Ive never seen a lazier more disinterested player than shai these last few months.
Bitterly dissapointed as we needed our so called stars to stand up this year..

Even though it hasn't been Shai's best year, (hardly surprising in a side that has been absolutely *smile*), but comparing him against our other rabble this is what we are losing:

Leading Goalkicker
2nd in Centre Clearances behind Taranto, (despite being stationed predominately fwd)
1st for Inside 50's, (again being stationed predominately fwd)
4th in goal assists
7th in contested possessions

Being happy for him to go to cash in on some draft picks is a fair view, (and quite a few, even the majority, on here seem to have that view too :( ), but your scathing opinion of his season is a bit of a stretch.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Well I won't be. Club needs it's members more than ever when times get tough.
Shows who the real bandwagoners are. I've only heard Bummer fans call in to SEN stating they will not renew membership. Haven't heard 1 Tiger fan say it.

Reactions: 1 user