Shane Dunne CEO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Dunne CEO

Club might have given us a huge hint with this video.

I’m super impressed with him, speaks well and very switched on.

Reactions: 17 users
Good luck in your appointment. Glad that it has been kept in house.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't know if it's a good appointment or not, but clubs brain trust has the runs on the board and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome aboard Shane Dunne. No relation to Emmett by any chance is there?

Reactions: 5 users
He certainly has big shoes to fill.

Trust the club to make the right decisions- Benny has been spot on so far so no reason to doubt this decision (I assume he was involved).

He certainly has big shoes to fill.

Trust the club to make the right decisions- Benny has been spot on so far so no reason to doubt this decision (I assume he was involved).
This business model has Benny written all over it. Excellent service by Benny to our club and from the video interview Shane looks like a great choice. Does not need to have an AFL football background bc we have a football dept for that. Looks big enough to have played sport and maybe still does.

About Shane Dunne (from LinkedIn)

"An experienced executive and director with proven abilities in commercial operations, strategic development and implementation, financial management and operational excellence in sport, leisure, major events and recreation.

A well respected leader with 20 years experience successfully managing performance and developing strong culture in large staffing teams.

Specialties: Strategic planning and execution, Government liaison, Financial Management, Venue Management, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, Competitive Tendering, Event Management, Human Resource Management, Business Development."

* General Manager - Aligned Leisure & Education
Richmond Football Club · Full-time Oct 2014 - Present · 9 yrs 11 mths

* Chief Executive Officer
Aligned Leisure Mar 2016 - Present · 8 yrs 6 mths

* Non Executive Director
Life Saving Victoria Jan 2018 - Feb 2024 · 6 yrs 2 mths

*YMCA Vic Regional Dev. Manager, Nov 2009 - Oct 2014.

* Event Services Deputy Manager, ExCeL Event Services Deputy Manager, ExCeL
London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games London, Apr 2012 - Sep 2012 · 6 mos London, United Kingdom.
  • Planned and executed spectator experience at ExCeL, the most complex venue in Olympic history hosting 1.2M spectators, 7 sports in 5 arenas over 16 days.
* Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation and Leadership.
* Victoria University, M.B.A., Business Administration Management and Operations.

Looks like we found a good one and within our own ranks..

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Brave choice. Brave of Shane to take the role, massive shoes to fill, massive holes to fix and a massive crowd watching.

Go well son.

Reactions: 8 users
Also in the Age, quoting “industry sources”.

They also confirmed he not related to Emmett Dunne.

Reactions: 4 users