secretive, dodgy organisations offal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

secretive, dodgy organisations offal

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
We have to be careful because criticism of Lauran Kane can be seen as only happening because she is a woman but the facts are she is all over the place at the moment. Maybe she is testing the waters and will back track when there is a lot of noise , I hope so.
Well, I’m used to copping criticism so I’ll get some to give some.
Laura Kane is useless. You can’t tell me she got the job because she was the best qualified to be the Football Operations Executive Manager.
Was it “advertised” if it was, it was for show. Probably to show the AFL is “gender inclusive”
Woke bastards.
And if she’s classed as an executive manager, she’s pulling in around $1million a year. Fancy that she’s earning near enough to the best players in the game. Another afl farce. Loopholes Lara fits in with the Teflon’s Dons of the afl.

What was her cv? Oh yeah, she approached Sonja Hood for a role at North Melbourne. She headed up #lolnirfs application for an AFLW team. Then joined the AFL. Big deal.

She should stick to doing the laundry and doing the housekeeping. Go grocery shopping then do some knitting.

:giggle:
And if anyone wants to criticise me for being a misogynistic prick……up yours too. ✌️ I don’t care 😁

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Laura Kane is useless. You can’t tell me she got the job because she was the best qualified to be the Football Operations Executive Manager.
Was it “advertised” if it was, it was for show. Probably to show the AFL is “gender inclusive”
Woke bastards.
And if she’s classed as an executive manager, she’s pulling in around $1million a year. Fancy that she’s earning near enough to the best players in the game. Another afl farce. Loopholes Lara fits in with the Teflon’s Dons of the afl.

What was her cv? Oh yeah, she approached Sonja Hood for a role at North Melbourne. She headed up #lolnirfs application for an AFLW team. Then joined the AFL. Big deal.

She should stick to doing the laundry and doing the housekeeping. Go grocery shopping then do some knitting.

And if anyone wants to criticise me for being a misogynistic prick……up yours too. ✌️ I don’t care 😁
While the AFL, and many other organizations are waving the gender equality flag (with a nice pat on the back from State and Federal politicians in Australia who are so reactive they are waiting for yesterday’s news to act today – but that is another story), and desperately wanting to be seen as socially correct – they, the AFL, always have a parallel agenda.

Quite obviously they are hoping for less scrutiny and NO critical debate of the state of football umpiring, by having placed a woman in the GM football hot seat.

I can tell you it is not working! She along with her employer have been exposed as incompetent, lying, cheats who treat the AFL as their own personal fiefdom – to do with as they please, with NO accountability what-so-ever.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Woke bastards.

I won’t criticise you for being a misogynistic prick but I will criticise you for posting stuff full of assumptions that there is no way you could know are factual.

This is the sort of BS that will get her critics and the critics of the AFL nowhere. Stick to facts and performance not to assumptions about how she got there.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Woke bastards.

I was OK with questioning her EXPERIENCE and suitability for the role. I would have thought you'd want someone with a lot of experience playing the sport or administering some part of clubland, regardless of gender.

But you've bought your arguments credibility down with the last paragraph. It's not 1950 anymore.

• Haha
She sucks, she is a boys club puppet maybe a crumb maiden and before anyone says I'm misogynistic I'm female!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
She sucks, she is a boys club puppet maybe a crumb maiden and before anyone says I'm misogynistic I'm female!!
I don’t think you’re statement was misogynistic, Ralphie (although I don’t know what a crumb maiden is),
however stating that Kane, as a woman, should stay out of football matters and stick to housekeeping and laundry duties is.

There’s been enough shitty male AFL administrators to make the gender argument irrelevant. Kane should be judged on her performance as EGM of Football. That’s it.

And maybe the “AFL are woke and hired a girl” brigade don’t realise that the EGM of Football role was offered to Benny Gale as a consolation prize when he didn’t get the top job.
So Kane is at least second choice.

I was OK with questioning her EXPERIENCE and suitability for the role. I would have thought you'd want someone with a lot of experience playing the sport or administering some part of clubland, regardless of gender.

But you've bought your arguments credibility down with the last paragraph. It's not 1950 anymore.
Facts speak for themselves

Being a misogynist doesn’t change facts. You must have missed the emoticon like a few others. Understandable :p

Reactions: 1 user

what on heavens earth is a crumb maiden Ralphy?

and not saying its you, but just FYI, women can hate women too,

I won’t criticise you for being a misogynistic prick but I will criticise you for posting stuff full of assumptions that there is no way you could know are factual.

This is the sort of BS that will get her critics and the critics of the AFL nowhere. Stick to facts and performance not to assumptions about how she got there.
Lighten up.
What assumptions did I make?
There’s no assumption she’s useless. “Best qualified”? what other football management role has she ever had?
“Was it advertised”? That is a question
So earning close to the best players. Fairly close to it.
Her pay packet? Executive general managers wages were publicised.
Her cv, where she hit up Sonja Hood for a job and headed up #lolnorfs AFLW application? That’s on record.

“Gender inclusive?” Maybe an assumption. But I’d say obviously seeing she’s had no experience. You might say it’s an assumption but I say it’s an opinion.
So apart from “gender inclusive” where is all the stuff full of assumptions?

I don’t think you’re statement was misogynistic, Ralphie (although I don’t know what a crumb maiden is),
Thank you
however stating that Kane, as a woman, should stay out of football matters and stick to housekeeping and laundry duties is.
That’s why I said being a misogynistic prick.
It’s the death of humour on here :p
There’s been enough shitty male AFL administrators to make the gender argument irrelevant. Kane should be judged on her performance as EGM of Football. That’s it.
True, it’s like a poisoned chalice. So far, she’s been a disaster. Her explanations hold no water. Her communication with clubs especially to do with draft rules is all the place. That’s not just my opinion! But of people in the industry as well.
And maybe the “AFL are woke and hired a girl” brigade don’t realise that the EGM of Football role was offered to Benny Gale as a consolation prize when he didn’t get the top job.
Offered? So wasn’t advertised then. Benny has too much integrity to be a “yes” man to that bunch of clowns.
So Kane is at least second choice.
So second choice to be “offered” the position? So the afl didn’t actually go through an employment process to find the best experienced candidate but just offered it to Kane?
Sounds about right. There must be plenty of people, obviously males would be dominant in that role, that didn’t get a look in.
Why was that I wonder?

Lucky you didn’t add in doing the laundry or house cleaning you would have got a telling off or a big red dislike 😁
Hypocrites galore on here :p

Last edited:
Lighten up.
What assumptions did I make?
There’s no assumption she’s useless. “Best qualified”? what other football management role has she ever had?
“Was it advertised”? That is a question
So earning close to the best players. Fairly close to it.
Her pay packet? Executive general managers wages were publicised.
Her cv, where she hit up Sonja Hood for a job and headed up #lolnorfs AFLW application? That’s on record.

“Gender inclusive?” Maybe an assumption. But I’d say obviously seeing she’s had no experience. You might say it’s an assumption but I say it’s an opinion.
So apart from “gender inclusive” where is all the stuff full of assumptions?
You are telling me to lighten up? You are the one going off like a firecracker Willo. You better go and have a bex and a lie down before you blow a foofoo valve.

Your post is full of assumptions about her capabilities, how the job was awarded, why she got it. Maybe she has been a stellar performer in the AFL team, she may have been the best candidate. You cannot possibly know.

Your assumptions may also be true but even if they are these sorts of statements will do nothing to advance a proper discussion about her performance and right now that is the only thing that matters because she has the job.

You are telling me to lighten up? You are the one going off like a firecracker Willo. You better go and have a bex and a lie down before you blow a foofoo valve.
Thanks doctor Sin
Your post is full of assumptions about her capabilities, how the job was awarded, why she got it. Maybe she has been a stellar performer in the AFL team, she may have been the best candidate. You cannot possibly know.
Maybe but it doesn’t mean I was wrong how she got it. Appointed?, job wasn’t advertised. Why she got it? We’ll just look at her cv.
Stellar performance in the AFL team,? doing exactly what? Not the application for a AFLW team entry I hope.

I can make assumptions because I read her cv. How she got her position at #lolnorf is documented as well as what she did there.
So I can make a direct correlation.
Your assumptions may also be true but even if they are these sorts of statements will do nothing to advance a proper discussion about her performance and right now that is the only thing that matters because she has the job.
I do t care whether it advances anything, including “Australia Fair”.
Your opinion and mine won’t change her mindset or the afl’s. So stop kidding yourself that anything written on here will have an impact.

Like many others who post on here, on different threads, I’m entitled to my opinion. Like you are.
I can write that opinion how I see fit. Like you and others do. (As long as I follow site rules of course)
If I want to assume, I will.

Now you need make sure that if anyone else makes an assumption on any thread, you be consistent and take them to task about making assumptions. Is that a fair request?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks doctor Sin

Maybe but it doesn’t mean I was wrong how she got it. Appointed?, job wasn’t advertised. Why she got it? We’ll just look at her cv.
Stellar performance in the AFL team,? doing exactly what? Not the application for a AFLW team entry I hope.

I can make assumptions because I read her cv. How she got her position at #lolnorf is documented as well as what she did there.
So I can make a direct correlation.

I do t care whether it advances anything, including “Australia Fair”.
Your opinion and mine won’t change her mindset or the afl’s. So stop kidding yourself that anything written on here will have an impact.

Like many others who post on here, on different threads, I’m entitled to my opinion. Like you are.
I can write that opinion how I see fit. Like you and others do. (As long as I follow site rules of course)
If I want to assume, I will.

Now you need make sure that if anyone else makes an assumption on any thread, you be consistent and take them to task about making assumptions. Is that a fair request?
You will see earlier if you bother to look that I made a statement that using gender in this discussion was not so important for us but it is in the media so I am certainly not kidding myself.

You can write your opinion, noone is stopping you, so I am not sure why you bothered saying it but I am glad you accept you made assumptions. As far as your request is concerned I will make my own decisions about what I post about and it will depend on whether I care about the issue, how much time I have and whether it relates to a discussion I am part of. I hope that is acceptable to your good self.

• Haha
You will see earlier if you bother to look that I made a statement that using gender in this discussion was not so important for us but it is in the media so I am certainly not kidding myself.
Well it’s a fact she’s female.
You can write your opinion, noone is stopping you, so I am not sure why you bothered saying it but I am glad you accept you made assumptions. As far as your request is concerned I will make my own decisions about what I post about and it will depend on whether I care about the issue, how much time I have and whether it relates to a discussion I am part of. I hope that is acceptable to your good self.
Well that’s fine. If you’re not bothered by consistency that’s up to you when you want to call out someone for making “assumptions”.
In other words you don’t care about the topic, obviously more so it’s the poster. Like quite a few others. But that’s fine, I. Used to the hypocrisy. :p

Well that’s fine. If you’re not bothered by consistency that’s up to you when you want to call out someone for making “assumptions”.
In other words you don’t care about the topic, obviously more so it’s the poster. Like quite a few others. But that’s fine, I. Used to the hypocrisy. :p
Nonsense Willo. Just because I call out one poster on one subject for making assumptions doesn't mean I have to trawl through every post and call every person out. That is just laughable.

Couldn't help but have a crack could you? The fact that you did says far more about you than me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nonsense Willo. Just because I call out one poster on one subject for making assumptions doesn't mean I have to trawl through every post and call every person out. That is just laughable.
I didn’t say you had to that at all so don’t exaggerate.
If you posting on the same page and taking part in a discussion I’m sure you would then. To be consistent.
Couldn't help but have a crack could you? The fact that you did says far more about you than me..

It seems you’re a bit sensitive this morning.
As I said, it’s “don’t care about the topic but more so the poster”. Like quite a few others. Is that having a crack? Personal? Well it includes “quite a few others”.
But if the cap fits…