Schulz may play in Port NAB opener | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Schulz may play in Port NAB opener

Saw the first half. Jay played a great 1st half and contributed on the scoreboard and goal assists. Will fit in well and be a contributer for Port.

Yeah. I watched the game and he was in the best 3 or 4 for the match. We will see how he goes over the course of the season but if we keeps putting in consistent 4 quarter efforts like that then it's not going to look good on us.

TIGEREXTRA said:
I am wondering why DH let him go when we are short on kpp.
Maybe he requested the trade back to adelaide.

Because he was *smile* and gave us nothing over six years.

I really don't give a toss what he does now.

WesternTiger said:
Because he was sh!te and gave us nothing over six years.

I really don't give a toss what he does now.

Yep no doubt a mutual parting of ways was required at the end of last year. Jay had not produced enough to this point at Richmond.

However if he does become a success at Port, our development of him will be damning because he has all the tools imo.

Early days yet to be making a judgement either way. One praccie match is no guide.

Ball delivery into Port's forward line is a little slicker than ours. That will help Jay who is basically a lead up forward. He still has the yips in front of goal though.

If Schulz makes it at Port then we should never trade with them again.

Rodan (draft pick I know) makes the grade there.
Thomson comes to us for a 3rd round pick in a strong draft and can't get a kick.

A massive trade imbalance if ever there was one.

Well done to Jay in his first real game with Port.

Hope for Jay's sake that his form lasts longer than one game.

The lesson for us, again, is that talls do take longer and need to be persevered with.

maverick said:
Ball delivery into Port's forward line is a little slicker than ours. That will help Jay who is basically a lead up forward. He still has the yips in front of goal though.
Exactly

Phantom said:
Well done to Jay in his first real game with Port.

Hope for Jay's sake that his form lasts longer than one game.

The lesson for us, again, is that talls do take longer and need to be persevered with.

Yeah but we did the "longer" and the "perserverance" thing with him and he was still less than average when he played up.

I said it last year and Ill say it again, our development of him and others was ordinary - we got all we deserved. 15 years of poor player development has to change first.

Schulz K Avg H Avg D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B 0
2010 31 6 18 4 49 10 21 4 1 0 15 3 3 2 6 1 4 0
Career 438 6 219 3 657 9 306 4 7 0 118 2 46 42 64 1 45 0
What you see is what you get, but good clubs see it before 7 years.

Bill James said:
Schulz K Avg H Avg D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B 0
2010 31 6 18 4 49 10 21 4 1 0 15 3 3 2 6 1 4 0
Career 438 6 219 3 657 9 306 4 7 0 118 2 46 42 64 1 45 0
What you see is what you get, but good clubs see it before 7 years.
Lucky for us Port couldn't see it either.

Gee,we are scratching around aren't we?He was the whipping boy when playing for us ,and now we are hounding him at Port.The thing is,he is getting a game in the one's at Port,who are in the eight-better than what is happening at Tigerland ATM.By the way,no mention of Raines and his 28 possesions for Brisbane last night,or Podsially's 5 goals today........................

gold1 said:
Gee,we are scratching around aren't we?He was the whipping boy when playing for us ,and now we are hounding him at Port.The thing is,he is getting a game in the one's at Port,who are in the eight-better than what is happening at Tigerland ATM.By the way,no mention of Raines and his 28 possesions for Brisbane last night,or Podsially's 5 goals today........................

Raines was disgraceful last night and what has Pods got to do with the RFC (apart from we want to be able to put him on as a mature rookie but the AFL would'nt change the rule).