Schulz may play in Port NAB opener | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Schulz may play in Port NAB opener

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Former Richmond utility Jay Schulz showed some good signs and Williams said the 24-year-old was likely to make his Power debut in the NAB Cup clash with Adelaide next Saturday afternoon.

“Jay looked pretty good and he’s looked pretty good all pre-season. We’ve played lots of 20-minute quarters at training and he’s looked pretty good in those,” he said.

“I think we can play Warren Tredrea and Schulz together. It’s [a matter of] how many other talls we want to play up there, so it’s about trying to get that balance right."

Tooheys will be happy :hihi

Rodan, Schulz and Meyer - getting a smell of mediocrity about them Port (no real disrespect meant to Rodan though - he's been good).

Phar Ace said:
Former Richmond utility Jay Schulz showed some good signs and Williams said the 24-year-old was likely to make his Power debut in the NAB Cup clash with Adelaide next Saturday afternoon.

“Jay looked pretty good and he’s looked pretty good all pre-season. We’ve played lots of 20-minute quarters at training and he’s looked pretty good in those,” he said.

“I think we can play Warren Tredrea and Schulz together. It’s [a matter of] how many other talls we want to play up there, so it’s about trying to get that balance right."

Tooheys will be happy :hihi

Rodan, Schulz and Meyer - getting a smell of mediocrity about them Port (no real disrespect meant to Rodan though - he's been good).

Sucks that Choc Williams didn't say 'Pretty good' one more time, wouldve made my night.

another under achiever being awarded a AFL game.. the list continues to grow..
so many poor standard footballers being allowed to play, get ready with west sydney bears and the gold coast clowns fill there list full of shultz's, laycocks, minsons etc
As for Danny Meyer a good talented footballer killed by injury and the coaches refusal to play when he was up!!
port have 3 RFC players they can have Matt White next year too.. no fan!

zippadeee said:
port have 3 RFC players they can have Matt White next year too

As his VP, I take offence at such a comment on his behalf. Matt will have a good year this year and prove he is worthy of a spot on our list.

If I was a Power fan, I'd be worried if *smile* wasn't going to get a game preseason if he was fit to play.

I hope he plays well enough when he gets the chance. Lets face it, if the Power can actually get him to approach and play his footy in a consistent way, they will have a solid footballer on their hands. It is still a big if though IMO.

Streak said:
As his VP, I take offence at such a comment on his behalf. Matt will have a good year this year and prove he is worthy of a spot on our list.

I bet you $100 he won't. Makes dumb decisions and can't kick so you'd think DH won't be too fond of him.

Barnzy said:
I bet you $100 he won't. Makes dumb decisions and can't kick so you'd think DH won't be too fond of him.

We'll see. Change of coach will bring out the best in him. DH kept him on the list when he chopped plenty of others. Matt knows it is make or break this year as we all do. He'll come through.

I won't take your bet though. Like taking candy from a baby :hihi

Barnzy said:
Going to have to agree with Barnzy here. He has flahes of brilliance, but they're far outweighed by his poor decision making and execution under pressure.

Streak said:

Gotta agree with Zippa here...Matt White is NOT a top 22 player 'looking forward' (thanks Dimma ;)).
Too many unforced / self-imposed errors.
Can't fault his enthusiasm and yes, he does have speed...he just doesn't have the complete footy brain to go with it.

Ocker said:
Gotta agree with Zippa here...Matt White is NOT a top 22 player 'looking forward' (thanks Dimma ;)).
Too many unforced / self-imposed errors.
Can't fault his enthusiasm and yes, he does have speed...he just doesn't have the complete footy brain to go with it.

It's too bad for MW, his legs work faster than what his brain does.

Phar Ace said:

Schulz always seemed to play good quarters here and there. Its the 4 quarter (make that 2 quarter) efforts he seemed to have trouble with.

GoodOne said:
Schulz always seemed to play good quarters here and there. Its the 4 quarter (make that 2 quarter) efforts he seemed to have trouble with.

Yeh he's waiting for the 20/20 revolution to strike the AFL

I am really interested to see how he goes. He does have all the skills but he cant put it together.

My guess is that he wont go that well, too bad for too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if ol' snoozy still makes it as an AFL footballer.

I wasnt a Schulz fan while he was at Richmond, however best of luck to Jay and I hope he plays some good footy (expect when he plays us).

As previously mentioned, a change of club and new coach may bring out what he could never achieve a Richmond.

Best of luck Jay.

nwonash said:
As previously mentioned, a change of club and new coach may bring out what he could never achieve a Richmond.

Best of luck Jay.

Agreed, just not against Richmond 8)