Round 7 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 - The other games

mexican_radio said:
getting in early ToO ! any predictions before hostilities commence? what do you think of the Monday night fixture?

Love your avatar Mex. As for Monday night footy...ugh!!

Tigers of Old said:
Jordan Lewis the first high profile Hawk to take a fall for their continuing fall from grace.

They drop one big name and throw in a few scapegoats.

I get the feeling that the players are starting to dictate terms at Waverley.

Reminds me of Wallace's changes after a big loss. Tiv out, Hyde in.

Tigers of Old said:
Jordan Lewis the first high profile Hawk to take a fall for their continuing fall from grace.

Perfect time to tap him up for a trade :rofl :rofl :rofl

Tigers of Old said:
Maybe the concussion he got a few weeks ago has had an affect

Scully revelling in the wet tonight. Already over 30 possessions with 15 minutes to go. Trengove not far behind on 26. It's almost like they are competing to outdo each other. Very impressive.

Game over and 39 possessions to Scully. Remarkable. Wonder when the last time someone in his first 10 games has amassed 39 possessions in a game.

Tigers of Old said:
Yes Melbourne orchestrated it beautifully.

Sure did. Gotta say though they were rather impressive tonight even though they lost. Thought they outplayed the Dogs tonight and just needed a couple of things to go their way and they would have walked away with the win. The young brigaed stood up tonight. Scully, Trengove, Grimes is a beuty, and Hughes looked great, think it was his first game. Think I've under-estimated them this year. On the flip side Bulldogs really struggling.

Scully, boy what a beauty. Ran hard all night, has a good football brain and is a pretty good kick. Martin may be a better kick both feet and is likewise a very good footballer. Can't remember the last time I saw a first year player perfrom as well as that, particularly on a wet night.

Agree with all the plaudits about Scully, an almost unbelievable game from a first year player. It was notable that the Bulldogs got the goals to win the game when he was off. Melburne did dominate for large periods of the game but couldn't score because they don't have a good fwd line. They'll need more than Watts as well.

Great game by Scully; that's why he went number 1. Trengove wasn't far behind. Grimes, Bate and Warnock all very good as well.

On another note, I understand the theme of the night was for breast cancer support and it is a great cause. But fair dinkum, who was the genius at the AFL who decided the umpires be dressed in the same colours as Melbourne?? I counted at least 6 occasions where Melbourne players under pressure handballed in the direction of an umpire. There was no doubt they thought it was a team mate and in my opinion on a couple of those occasions the resultant turnover cost them dearly.

A stupid decision by the AFL. Having Melbourne change the red in the jumper to pink in support of the theme was a great idea but surely that was enough. The clash was insane.

Just before the game tonight I was thinking we just might have got the player who ends up being the best of this years draft...
Having a little re-think now, but, given the compromised draft, these three are looking to stack up well against most other top 3's that we've seen. Potential to kick on is huge in all 3.

Will be interesting to watch their careers progress.

Scully was fantastic for a player that has only a handful of senior games experience... And to think he was a mad tiger supporter. What a waste :'(
I would have loved to see him running around for us. As long as Melbourne don't burn him out too early.

mb64 said:
Demons have certainly left us behind
Funny how it looked like Bailey couldn't coach for peanuts the last couple of years,
I know everyone says they worked the system beautifully, but it makes me sick. Who said cheats don't prosper??? They rearranged their team to conjure up losses, but we are just genuinely bad.

stripes17 said:
Funny how it looked like Bailey couldn't coach for peanuts the last couple of years,
I know everyone says they worked the system beautifully, but it makes me sick. Who said cheats don't prosper??? They rearranged their team to conjure up losses, but we are just genuinely bad.

We can still go down the Melbourne path over the next few years and get a few P.P's. Will we be smart enough to take advantage of the system? That remains to be seen and we certainly haven't been in the past (2008/2009 especially).

IanG said:
Agree with all the plaudits about Scully, an almost unbelievable game from a first year player. It was notable that the Bulldogs got the goals to win the game when he was off. Melburne did dominate for large periods of the game but couldn't score because they don't have a good fwd line. They'll need more than Watts as well.

Wonamerri, Jurrah and Pettard will help.

Also won't hurt to have Morton (4-07), Maric (21-07), Blease (17-08), Strauss (19-08), Gysberts (11-09), Tapscott (18-09) coming thru.