Round 7 Changes vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 Changes vs Crows

Out: Dea, Collins, Jackson, Thursfield.

Dea needs to learn the caper at Coburg
Collins is a worry IMO - too many blunders when not under pressure, Jackson ditto although I'm merely hoping he gets dropped as he probably won't.
Thursfield should have come back via coburg after a limited pre-season followed by 3 weeks out injured. Clearly unfit IMO.

In: Martin, Cotch, Polak, Webberley.

Missed Martin and Cotch's class last week and will be welcome returns.
Reiwoldt will enjoy having Polak next to him and considering we promoted GP, may as well play him
Time to get a looksy at Webberley

I wouldn't make wholesale changes this week.
We have had so many changes over the first six games of the year that the team really hasn't had much of an opportunity to settle.
The opposition should be considerably weaker and hopefully we'll be more competitive. It'd be a good week to get some confidence into players.

Tigers of Old said:
I wouldn't make wholesale changes this week.
We have had so many changes over the first six games of the year that the team really hasn't had much of an opportunity to settle.
The opposition should be considerably weaker and hopefully we'll be more competitive. It'd be a good week to get some confidence into players.

I agree with this to an extent and was thinking the same when posting my changes earlier however we still need to "punish" those who aren't up to it or aren't ready, and at the same time give other newbies a go to get games into all and sundry whilst winning games isn't high on the agenda.

shawry said:
Good to see Farmer is no longer in peoples sites to be dropped.

I thought he had a great game. Kicked a magnificent goal, got 10 kicked against him and butchered the ball. WTF did they see in him. FJ hold your head in shame.

In: Cotchin, Martin (obvious picks) plus Polak, Hislop for Coburg form
Out: Dunno, perhaps Dea, Morton, Rance & Nahas

OUT: Dea, dunno
IN: Cotchin, Martin

Wouldn't play Polak. Don't rate him, very ordinary player and not our future. Would also drop Tuck and Jackson too but it won't happen. They sure can find the ball but when they get it they NFI what to do with it, no football brain between the both of them and no skill. More possessions for them just hurts us more because a lot of the time it just results in a turnover. Ditto McGuane. Dea can go back and work on his game at Coburg.

CC TIGER said:
Don't mind seeing Polak come in until a young tall has earned a gig, would throw Mcguane and Polak forward to help Jack and would give Astbury another run down back, with some size I see a possible good full back in him. Cotch and Martin are a given. Definatly give Browne a chance against Maric. No harm in giving Dea a run at the burgers and still not excited re Farmer , however do t mind him staying in, just looks like a Matt White in my eyes, good footballer just not AFL premiership level

Love it, Its a game we can win and pretty sure Hardwick has set this one up.
Bigger bodies in the forward line, will be great to help Riewolt, Morton and Nahas

Farmer- thursfield-werribberly
newman-moore-cotchin
lids-foley-collins
vickery-riewolt-nason
hislop-polak-nakas
simmo-martin-polo

Barnzy said:
OUT: Dea, dunno
IN: Cotchin, Martin

Wouldn't play Polak. Don't rate him, very ordinary player and not our future. Would also drop Tuck and Jackson too but it won't happen. They sure can find the ball but when they get it they NFI what to do with it, no football brain between the both of them and no skill. More possessions for them just hurts us more because a lot of the time it just results in a turnover. Ditto McGuane. Dea can go back and work on his game at Coburg.
You reward good form at Coburg, doesn't matter who it is, even if by some miracle McMahon figures out how to play good football

RUNVS said:
I thought he had a great game. Kicked a magnificent goal, got 10 kicked against him and butchered the ball. WTF did they see in him. FJ hold your head in shame.
Take off the blinkers. He was kicking very well, looked lively, too on the play. I rated his game.

Flapping about time;

Changed my mind:

Out: Mguane, Simmonds, Rance, Dea Farmer Morton

In Martin, Cotchin tambling, Polak, Post. Webberley

I know Postie is in poor form but we just need to work on some structures. Polak to be second ruck with help form Moore and Tuck. I'd also drop Jacko and Tuck but wont happen, so wont contemplate it.

Webberley Thursty Jackson
Deledio Astbury Newman
Martin Polo Cotchin
Collins Post Nahas
Moore Jack Nason
Vickery Cousins Foley

Polak Tuck Tambling Edwards

lamb22 said:
Flapping about time;

Changed my mind:

Out: Mguane, Simmonds, Rance, Dea Farmer Morton

In Martin, Cotchin tambling, Polak, Post. Webberley

I know Postie is in poor form but we just need to work on some structures. Polak to be second ruck with help form Moore and Tuck. I'd also drop Jacko and Tuck but wont happen, so wont contemplate it.

Webberley Thursty Jackson
Deledio Astbury Newman
Martin Polo Cotchin
Collins Post Nahas
Moore Jack Nason
Vickery Cousins Foley

Polak Tuck Tambling Edwards

Why drop Rance? He's been in good form

Clinton said:
Why drop Rance? He's been in good form

Yep and he's still ordinary.

We've just got to cut our losses and not waste our time on players who wont make it.

lamb22 said:
Yep and he's still ordinary.

We've just got to cut our losses and not waste our time on players who wont make it.
Sorry, I agree with you on a fair few things, but I have no interest in just giving up on a young kpp like that
He didn't play anything like this as a junior, so clearly we haven't developed him properly

geoffryprettyboy said:
Webberly never played last weekend.

Anyone know why he missed out against Sandy?

Probably went to Geelong as insurance I'd say.