Round 7 Changes vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 Changes vs Crows

Charlie A

King Cotch
May 26, 2005
IN: Martin, Cotchin
OUT: Dea (Give the kid a few more weeks at Coburg), Collins,

Let Tambling regain some form at Coburg. McGuane stays in due to lack of tall defenders.

We have put 3 game into Dea and maybe set him back five years. The kid is not up to VFL reggies so to gift him three afl games in the yellow and black is a blight on our club.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
We have put 3 game into Dea and maybe set him back five years. The kid is not up to VFL reggies so to gift him three afl games in the yellow and black is a blight on our club.

What are your changes for Round 7 RR? You can discuss Dea in another thread until the cows come home.

geoffryprettyboy said:
What are your changes for Round 7 RR? You can discuss Dea in another thread until the cows come home.
Can discuss my ins and outs til the cows cum home too GPB but will not change the fact we have started the year on negative (ie: young kids, developing side etc etc etc) and it has now snowballed and we are an embarrassment.

In my mind we r not worthy of a spot in the AFL, a poorly coached side using the excuse we are rebuilding with kids.......when do we ask for results.....year 4 and then appoint another coach..

oops, I forgot, our great leader Benny has promised three finals appearances (some would suggest he meant premierships) in the next decade. Dream on..

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Can discuss my ins and outs til the cows cum home too GPB but will not change the fact we have started the year on negative (ie: young kids, developing side etc etc etc) and it has now snowballed and we are an embarrassment.

You must have had high expectations this year RR?

I will really like to know where you thought the Dimma train was taking us in 2010?

Jason King said:
Not so sure on Collins . Did alot of silly things against an admittedly superior opposition. Would go the following;

Out: Dea, Edwards, Tuck
In: Martin, Cotchin, Webberly
You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think Edwards will be or even should be dropped

geoffryprettyboy said:

I will really like to know where you thought the Dimma train was taking us in 2010?
Maybe as an accountable side starting with a solid defence.

A game plan (IMO) starts with your defence and work forward.

We r terrible down back and have no structure bring the ball back into play.

We r not competitive across the board which is well below our darkest days with Wally.

In all honesty did u expect the Dees to start $1.20 favourites against us when u mapped out our wins ( :D :D :D) in 2010

ZeroGame said:
You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think Edwards will be or even should be dropped

Its an opinion, dont try to quantify that. Cant have him and Polo in the side in my opinion, as thats two undersized defenders. I preffered Polos game.

Didn't see Tiges (thank god) or Burgers.

Nevertheless on basis that Polak and Hislop our best in the twos.

Out: Dea, Rance, Mcguane, Jackson
In; Polak Hislop Cotchin Martin

Farmer Willy Moore
Lids Astbury Newman
Nason Martin Cotchin
Edwards Jack Nahas
Morton Polak Cousins
Vickery Polo Foley

Simmonds Tuck Hislop Collins

geoffryprettyboy said:

Sounds like another who only looks at the now who cares about the future if it doesn't happen now it won't we should fire another coach a bunch of players and we will be right if not repeat the process and all the time we can wonder why the coach and players all do well elsewhere.

brigadiertiger said:
Sounds like another who only looks at the now who cares about the future if it doesn't happen now it won't we should fire another coach a bunch of players and we will be right if not repeat the process and all the time we can wonder why the coach and players all do well elsewhere.

BT, I dont think we should panic but I had an inkling we would be competitive today even though a win was not in the picture. Didn't see the game but the result was very poor.

If our game plan is an obsolete Hawks gameplan and our personell includes poor users in Rance, Tuck, Mcguane, Jackson, Simmonds and Dea there is a valid argument that our losses might just be bad losses rather than building blocks.

We need to get the personell and game plan right sooner rather than later even if the results are not wins.

geoffrey:

wat i expected n 2010:

being competitive man on man and every player beng accountable. stick to ur man when opposition have the ball, spoil, tackle be close. not let the opposition have 5 loose plaeyers all over the ground. we are young and learning. at least play man on man and try to beat ur direct man.

a game plan or style of play. have some system when moving the ball. seems like we do whatever comes into the players minds at any given time.

good skills both kicking and handballing especially with 30m kicks and 5m handballs. appatently we recruited skilled players.....really??

leading and deliveing and moving the ball fwd methodicaly instead of havig no options and bombing the ball long and high (we dont have richo anymore people)
good decision making or at least improved decision making. i think its worse than last year.

improved and developing defence. all of moore maguane thursty have gone backwards. all are playig poor atm and should be dropped but we have no one to replace them.

improved fwd line. actually, do we have a fwd line? many times today we entered our F50 and there were at least 2 free geelong defenders. they waltzed the ball out way way to easily. where were our fwd to lead up and then where was our defensive pressure??

thats just a start you can keep goin on and on.
in the end thes are professional afl footy players in a professional? environment training and being coached professionally. wha they are dishing up at the moment is not even close to afl standard and its simply not good enough!!

Ins: Cotchin, Martin, Polak (need a big body to take marks in the forward 50), Tambling
Outs: Dea (give him a break in the VFL to gain some confidence), Jackson (too many errors), Collins, McGuane