Round 6 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 - the other games

That's now 2 wins out of their last 12 (Melbourne and Richmond).

Apparently what's been obvious for a year and a half is now obvious to the channel 10 commentators.

poor backline, no leg speed, poor distribution by foot, no rucks.

Dont get sucked in about not putting in. Hawks tried but are just very ordinary.

Congrats to Clarkson for winning a flag simply with adopting soccers pressing rolling zone, but as others have come up to speed he just doesn't have the cattle.

They rely on Rioli for magic to get the ball going their way or more sadly the Hawks version of Tivendale in Young to give them some run.

Barnzy, I tipped them for around 9 wins so not bottom 4 , but they are bottom four material ATM.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Raines had a few kicked on him tonight

I watched the game tonight and he was absolutely terrible! He gets a lot of ball with cheap 1 2's and kicks in the backline but still same old Raines with terrible decision making and skill errors. Got a few kicked on him and was directly responsible for another couple with his turnovers. So glad he is gone, ditto Schulz who was also terrible today. Funny how that thread isn't getting bumped.

lamb22 said:
That's now 2 wins out of their last 12 (Melbourne and Richmond).

Apparently what's been obvious for a year and a half is now obvious to the channel 10 commentators.

poor backline, no leg speed, poor distribution by foot, no rucks.

Dont get sucked in about not putting in. Hawks tried but are just very ordinary.

Congrats to Clarkson for winning a flag simply with adopting soccers pressing rolling zone, but as others have come up to speed he just doesn't have the cattle.

They rely on Rioli for magic to get the ball going their way or more sadly the Hawks version of Tivendale in Young to give them some run.

Barnzy, I tipped them for around 9 wins so not bottom 4 , but they are bottom four material ATM.

Think you may be right. Roughead has gone backwards at the rate of knots also. Funny how people have been criticizing Jack when he's outperforming Roughead who is 2 years older than him.

I hate agreeing with Walls, but Roughead was simply appalling tonight. He didn't try. Just stood there or walked everywhere. Was dead set lazy. Seems he might have a little bit of front runner in him.

I tell ya,it's looking like the Pies for the flag this year because all the other teams are falling like nine pins.

Them or Sydney.

ZeroGame said:
Didn't he retire?

He's on their list still so technically I think he could still play but it won't happen, not with how long he's been out for, would take a long time to get back into the swing of things. They could sure use him to replace Tom Murphy, what a hack. :rofl

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Is there any small chance it was hardwick and not Clarkson who lifted the hawks to a premiership?

Lets hope so. Conversley if Hardwick has bought over Hawks IP , it may now be obsolete IP.

lamb22 said:
Lets hope so. Conversley if Hardwick has bought over Hawks IP , it may now be obsolete IP.

He said when he came over the coaching staff were taking ideas from many teams. I hope that's true, because even last year the limits to the Hawks gameplan were well exposed.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
He said when he came over the coaching staff were taking ideas from many teams. I hope that's true, because even last year the limits to the Hawks gameplan were well exposed.

Correct Colonel, that's why from afar I liked Hinkley as a possibility.

PS Very happy with Damian so far.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
MIA.Spanish Prisioner

Gone and easily forgotten

btw A month ago I warned a friend who is a Lions fan not to get too excited by Raines - he is now beginning to understand the frustration of his limitations

Tigers of Old said:
You must be getting splinters in the bum there lamby. :hihi

No splinters Oldie, thought the geelong experience was more valuable judging from afar.

Still dont know if Hardwick can coach but I like him.......................................................................ATM ;D