Round 6 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 - the other games

Some concerns for both teams out of last nights game.

St Kilda can't kick a decent score without Riewoldt and even if he does get back this year he's not going to be anywhere near the player he was before his injury.

As for the Doggies, they have now dropped two games against fellow contenders this year. Still have some work to do.

Saints fans better get used to this because while Reiwoldt isn't playing, this is the style they'll be using more of and they have no other forwards.
Kosi is a hack.

Disgraceful game of football. Geez footy is all too often so boring to watch these days. This zoning, flooding, kicking sideways and backwards crap is turning me right off the game. At one stage both teams were kicking in all directions so much that I had no idea which team was going to what end!!

Bring back the footy of the 80s and 90s I say.

Ridley said:
Disgraceful game of football. Geez footy is all too often so boring to watch these days. This zoning, flooding, kicking sideways and backwards crap is turning me right off the game. At one stage both teams were kicking in all directions so much that I had no idea which team was going to what end!!

Bring back the footy of the 80s and 90s I say.

Agree. I went out for dinner after work and jumped in the car at 8.30 and the Triple M boys pulled no punches and were fearing for the future of the game if two of the best teams in the AFL are putting on such a poor display. I watched about 5 minutes when I got home and flicked over to Top Gear on BBC. Checked the scores online and watched the last 6 minutes. Even that was a battle.

Re: Harbrow?? We had him in our sights. Didn't we?

jb03 said:
Kent Kingsley was a far more astute pick up.
We also had two rookie picks before Harbrow was taken, we took Clingan & King before him, so he was still there if we wanted him after taking Kingsley

Interesting to see Cunnington struggle. He was touted as a ready made mid like Martin yet he's looking very slow with poor awareness and disposal. Only 2 games in so for him though, a lot of time to improve. At this point in time I'm happy we chose Martin instead (there was a point in time there when it was reported we were looking very hard at Cunnington too).

Have a look at the Crows v Port game since when did the AFL become the NRL?
Its like a game of rugby stoppage after stoppage its so :police: boring.

Good point CC, Hawthorn have for a while looked a big weak down back, and he's not doing a lot down forward, given he's not kicking straight.
Although with Croad looking scary fit (self-admitted), Roughead won't be needed down back for too much longer.

Raines gets a hard ball, runs into a dead end... Handpasses blindly... Turnover.... Goal for swans

how the mighthy hawks have fallen
playing for their season 20 minutes into the last and they haven't scored...

Yep Hawks are knackered, Don't know how they managed to fluke the flag in 08. Seem to be very one dimensional or is it they are bad because they lost their true leader in Dimma, I like to think so. :angel:

zgod said:
Yep Hawks are knackered, Don't know how they managed to fluke the flag in 08. Seem to be very one dimensional or is it they are bad because they lost their true leader in Dimma, I like to think so. :angel:

No Hardwick, No Hawks! ;D

Lamb may be spot on about the Hawks. I thought they would make the 8 with a good run with injuries but I think I may be wrong, there would only be 3 or 4 that are injured for them that would be best 22 players. Although I'm not sure about his bottom 4 prediction but they're certainly not playing like a top 8 team.

Barnzy said:
Lamb may be spot on about the Hawkins. I thought they would make the 8 with a good run with injuries but I think I may be wrong, there would only be 3 or 4 that are injured for them that would be best 22 players. Although I'm sure about his bottom 4 prediction but they're certainly not playing like a top 8 team.

Had 15 of the 2008 premiership team out there tonight.

put Franklin, Roughhead and Lewis in our side you will get the same result, a Big fat LOSS
Melbournes bubble has burst, Scott thinks he has a finals side, just wait till next week Brad
Brisbane with there huge recruiting drive of hacks, are quickly realizing that Raines and Staker are *smile*
The Bulldogs thought just getting Hall would get them a flag, they would be lucky to finish top 4