Round 6 Positsitves | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 Positsitves

3yrs ago they belted us in similar circumstances coming into the game by 150+ pts.
This time round 108 pts.40+ pts better off.
My reckoning by 2019 we,ll get our revenge with a single figure win :clap :clap :hihi :hihi

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
3yrs ago they belted us in similar circumstances coming into the game by 150+ pts.
This time round 108 pts.40+ pts better off.
My reckoning by 2019 we,ll get our revenge with a single figure win :clap :clap :hihi :hihi

Don't forget we improved our qtr by qtr scoring rate - 0 2 2 3. We should lobby for more breaks and playing periods - about 15 or so might have us kicking enough goals to win.

a couple of years ago, i watched us beat geelong by 20 pts with chris hyde kicking 4 goals, they were in turmoil and the fans wanted blood but they stuck together and got the reward.
I hope our players fill the pain of a loss against a good side and get better with every game they play..
vicks needs 2 more years and he will be super, he has a bit of mongrel about him, loves tackling
nason, I've liked him from the 1st time i watched him, cant wait till he gets 50 games under his belt
riewoldt- fantastic today, the only forward that showed anything, he will be great when he has assistance next to him.

scottyturnerscurse said:
A 100+ point loss doesn't feel as bad as it used to.

how so ?

I live in Geelong... lotta fun Monday at the watercoler will be!

Drawing 0 positives is depressing.

Phar Ace said:
Don't forget we improved our qtr by qtr scoring rate - 0 2 2 3. We should lobby for more breaks and playing periods - about 15 or so might have us kicking enough goals to win.
Id go the other way.They[Geel] get an extra 2 15min breaks while we stay out.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Is that true? If so it is a disgrace.

Rested? For what? So the team could go down by over 100 points?

Is there any pride left in the jumper?

so you prefer to run developing kids into the ground?

My mate's young daughter was calculating the difference between us and them with every goal, so it was a positive for her maths development.

Mr Pumblechook said:
My mate's young daughter was calculating the difference between us and them with every goal, so it was a positive for her maths development.
If your mate,s daughter wants to fast track her math,s development may i suggest she just calucate the gap between the Clanger and Non Clanger count.

Tiger74 said:
so you prefer to run developing kids into the ground?

Six games in a row is not running into the ground. There are plenty of first years players that have played six in a row.

It is just appalling, and anybody who defends it must be a traitor....

Spanish Prisoner said:
Six games in a row is not running into the ground. There are plenty of first years players that have played six in a row.

Say what? Ridiculous statement.

Spanish Prisoner said:

its a different game now - midfielders are working constantly at higher rates each year

push developing players too hard and they will burn out.

given them a ONE week breather will freshen them up, and allow us to get more out of them for the entire year, and hopefully minimize the risk of overuse injuries

Can't believe you are all entertaining SP's trolling.

I was in a meeting yesterday so saw little of the game.

There was a TV in a corner, I looked up and saw Ben Nason put a block on an opposition player so that a team-mate could have open space.

My God, if that's not a positive!

I haven't seen a Richmond player put a block / shepherd for a team-mate in decades.

Well done Ben, well done Damien!

Phantom said:

There was a TV in a corner, I looked up and saw Ben Nason put a block on an opposition player so that a team-mate could have open space.

I haven't seen a Richmond player put a block / shepherd for a team-mate in decades.

Yep. Nason's willingness to do the little things stands out like the proverbial. Hope he keeps it up and doesn't catch the disease many of his more established senior team mates have got.

Phantom said:

Yeah good post. I am always pumping up Nason but its nice to see others see what i do.

Tigers of Old said:
Yep. Nason's willingness to do the little things stands out like the proverbial. Hope he keeps it up and doesn't catch the disease many of his more established senior team mates have got.

he does these things because he never player under spud or wallet.
If only those two hadn't got their grubby mitts on some of our other kids we might have more like Nason