Round 6 Positsitves | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 Positsitves

michael roach said:
Anyone have any news on Cotchin`s injury,and whether or not it`s a recurrence of his previous problems?

I sure hope he and Martin are back next week.

According to Hardwick, they could have played today. They were rested.
they'll be back next week .

Positives for me today were Polo, Nahas, Vickery, Astbury and Farmer. They didn't set the world on fire but they had a go.

It was Cousins' best game for the year too. His second half was ok.
Also Newmans best game for the year, I actually thought he was our best player.

Mappa said:
I know we were beaten well but did anyone else think the umpire was pretty kidergarden like today, we didn't get a break all day, never go a fifty fifty.

Shocking. The only thing saving them from closer scrutiny was that we were worse. Marks not paid to Riewoldt and Nason, 25m from goal, for starters.

Have watched six games in whole or part this weekend and the umpiring across the board has been pathetic.

It's always the bottom sides that get ripped off by the "maggots".

Especially when they play the top sides................and those filthy Magpies, they are the maggots love child.

We won the center clearance again! (by 2)

Something to work with :spin

sashback said:
It was Cousins' best game for the year too. His second half was ok.
Also Newmans best game for the year, I actually thought he was our best player.
His 2nd half would have wanted to be better. He was appalling in the first. Basically didn't try and spent 60mins trying to do cute things and missing simple targets. I thought overall Cuz was still a disappointment today.

we won the coin toss.

I also thought Edwards and Nason looked good. Also Rance seems to be growing in confidence. I like the guy!

I thought Jack, Nason and Edwards showed good form today as well as the skipper.
I reckon Cuz is struggling to earn a game due to the fact that he can't win a ball in a one on one contest due to his lack of size.
We are getting beaten by so much each week that his experience counts for stuff all.
We need players who can win the ball

We were absolutely towelled. But by the best team in the last three years. Those big tough bodies, incredibly skilled and experienced and knowing how to play for each other. We went in with undersized kids, mostly. They went in with a spray from Bomber still ringing in their ears. They were going to monster whoever they played this week; and we drew the short straw. Just think; they smashed a more "mature" Richmond team under Wallace by 157 when they had something to prove; so while this was depressing and unsatisfactory, it's where we're at. Mostly we've been much better than this. But let's be honest; they missed a lot of extremely gettable shots. It could have been 150 points.

For me the other big positive was that they didn't drop their heads. They just kept doing what they could, and when Geelong lifted the pressure a little, we'd start hitting the scoreboard.

I can honestly put my hand up and say Round 6 was bad. Apart from a few individual performances, from an overall team perspective I cannot find a positive out of today.

sashback said:
It's always the bottom sides that get ripped off by the "maggots".

Especially when they play the top sides................and those filthy Magpies, they are the maggots love child.

I honestly believe we're given less time to move the ball on, and the 15m minimum for a mark is judged more harshly. But we've got bigger problems ATM.

Positives?

We kicked a goal (I was fearful we wouldn't at 1/4 time)
We didn't have our 2007 record losing margin bettered
Our players got to see first hand how good players in a good team play the game and can hopefully lean from it.

I thought JR was a positive today.

Responded well to last weeks apparent differences of opinion with the coaching staff.

By the same token, I thought Mitch Morton was a fair negative. Attitude doesn't look all that good, GC beckons.

1. Nason is continuing to improve and seems to be a lively type. Could be a good crumbing forward.
2. Vickery is getting better. Competed today.
3. Edwards. He is improving, not getting caught like he was in the first couple of rounds.
4. Astbury looks lively.
5. Farmer is getting better, I'm not as critical with him as I was at the start of the season.
6. Form of the skipper.
7. Jack tried hard today and competed just didn't get enough good delivery today.

There were a few good individual things but not a all round good team performance.