Round 6 Positsitves | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 6 Positsitves

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
1. Only 16 more weeks to go ::)
2. We can use video of the game to show the youth the need to run and spread.
3. We can use the video of the game to show the youth why they need to spend the next 3 years at the gym gaining muscle and strength.
4. Jack Riewoldt sole forward
5. Nason continues to do good things
6. Mitch Farmer is showing some better signs and is not as bad as I thought after Round 1 ;D

tigertough said:
6. Mitch Farmer is showing some better signs and is not as bad as I thought after Round 1 ;D

Agree there - although I'm not sure his defensive game is up to scratch yet. But he's doing much better than his first two games.

Vickery is improving all the time.
Nahas and Edwards are looking better each week
Jack is back!
Nason is good.
Not so many turnovers from our kick-ins this week.........I think.

Not the worst tackling differential this round. Getting more competitive without the ball!

Martin & Cotchin will be back next week
We're about to play another side that hasn't won a game this year

+
Nason was great, had deledio shepparded instead of demanding the ball from him he would have kicked 3 goals.
Farmer showed a bit.
Astbury showed some good smarts in and under.

-

Alot really.

There are 16 more rounds :clap :clap
On a serious note am woundering if we don't win a game this year what picks do we get do we get an extra pick????
Will the club push for this because of gold coast?????

TigerPaul.71 said:
There are 16 more rounds :clap :clap
On a serious note am woundering if we don't win a game this year what picks do we get do we get an extra pick????
Will the club push for this because of gold coast?????
the only way to qualify for extra draft picks is to have a history of salary cap cheating and then to loose deliberately

mexican_radio said:
the only way to qualify for extra draft picks is to have a history of salary cap cheating and then to loose deliberately

OK good - let's double all the players salary effective immediately. The losing will find its own way.

mexican_radio said:
[/quote
Havent we done that Mexi weve overpayed players and all we do is lose I'd say that qualifys us]

I thought there were a few good things today

1) Nason continues to surpise, two fantastic left foot snap.
2) Jack contest well
3) Two or three occassions from Polo playing on much bigger opponents
4) Titch looked good, didn't run into trouble as much and delivery was mostly good
5) Vickery did contest well
6)Three or four times they actually ran through the Geelong zone up the corridor looked good

I know we were beaten well but did anyone else think the umpire was pretty kidergarden like today, we didn't get a break all day, never go a fifty fifty.

ZeroGame said:
Martin & Cotchin will be back next week
We're about to play another side that hasn't won a game this year
Anyone have any news on Cotchin`s injury,and whether or not it`s a recurrence of his previous problems?

I sure hope he and Martin are back next week.

Mappa said:
I know we were beaten well but did anyone else think the umpire was pretty kidergarden like today, we didn't get a break all day, never go a fifty fifty.

Happens in most sports when better teams play the dud teams.....just got to accept it's going to happen and not do the 'nana when it's really glaringly obvious....

Barkdog said:
Happens in most sports when better teams play the dud teams.....just got to accept it's going to happen and not do the 'nana when it's really glaringly obvious....

It's true, in the NBA it's known and accepted that referee are influenced by the reputation of players and teams, but we like to pretend that it doesn't happen in AFL.. but of course it does.