Round 24: the Datsun Stanza games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 24: the Datsun Stanza games.

Daicos digs deep when there's a brownlow to be won. Pendles and sidey have of course been stars, but great for the rest of the comp that they're playing on.
Found it amusing tonight that tough guy Viney got so curtailed by old SideArs. Just play him tightly and he goes soft it appears.

Reactions: 1 users
We have to win today

It’s 2 and 5 or 1 and 8

Prefer the risk of 2 and 5 personally

Reactions: 3 users
Last night's game proves Dacios is a show pony.
1st minute he burns 2 teammates in better positions to go for a low percentage shot at goal.
And those jumps and handballs mid-air were out last night.
If he was doing a floor routine in the Olympics he wouldve won Gold.

Forget the jealousy. How do we get insane runners with foot skills like Daicos ? Geez...
He is the best young footballer I have ever seen. Crazy what he has done at this stage of his career.

Reactions: 1 users
Dees look terrible.
That result (in hindsight) was entirely predictable. A rabble club coached by a flake against a club and coach with pride whose season was dersiled by injury.

I hope Goodwin stays for years.

Reactions: 1 user
What a performance by Razor Ray.
Didn’t he just love it, being the centre of attention. Players were shaking his hand after the game and he’s looking around for more players hands to shake.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Didn’t he just love it, being the centre of attention. Players were shaking his hand after the game and he’s looking around for more players hands to shake.
I was physically ill.

My last memory will be how he squatted when throwing the ball up, because he never could bounce it.

• Haha
Any one else listen to the philosopher last night??
Cry me a river FFS.
If your not good enough to make finals when 8 others can, shut the f up and go to bed mate.
Excuses. Blaming injuries, looking for foward.
He actually believes he has a gun side.

I'm a 120Y man myself

That's insane, the L series motors were so much better than the A series. The Stanza was a great car, my partner had one and despite valiant efforts to kill it (cooked the motor) it just kept going.

Had a mate in the army with a 120Y that had a 13B rotary stuffed in it. It was the most insane thing out of the lights 😊

I did once hear of a Morris Minor with a Ferrari engine, but a rotary in a car as light as a 120Y would be real fun.

Oh well, season over for Melbourne and Collingwood . . . suck *smile*!

DS

• Love
That's insane, the L series motors were so much better than the A series. The Stanza was a great car, my partner had one and despite valiant efforts to kill it (cooked the motor) it just kept going.

I did once hear of a Morris Minor with a Ferrari engine, but a rotary in a car as light as a 120Y would be real fun.

Oh well, season over for Melbourne and Collingwood . . . suck *smile*!

DS

I never had a Stanza but my old man bought the 120y wagon in Perth in the 70s, brought it to Melbourne in the 80s, was down to me and then my younger brothers before we finally cooked the engine in the early to mid 90s. Main problem was rust, I replaced both drivers side and one passenger side door all in different colours 🤣 as they rusted out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Anyone watching Poos versus Roos? Are the kangas trying?
Turned it on for 5 minutes. Kangas had about 5 inside 50s in a row and didn’t score, goes up the other end for a hawks goal.
I think they are trying but completely outclassed, very wet.
Hawks could win this by 60 plus